Birchbox Men: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dietblack /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I plan on emailing them too.  I'm really disappointed and I know the bf will be as well.  
Don't bother... this is the response I got.

With some items, like the thinning shampoo, they can be sent to varied customers. Even thought the shampoo helps with thinning, it is also a favorite of many men with thick hair. It has amino acids and vitamins that help with fullness and shine. I would encourage him to try it out!

Anastasia

Birchbox | 877-487-7272 |

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't bother... this is the response I got.

With some items, like the thinning shampoo, they can be sent to varied customers. Even thought the shampoo helps with thinning, it is also a favorite of many men with thick hair. It has amino acids and vitamins that help with fullness and shine. I would encourage him to try it out!

Anastasia

Birchbox | 877-487-7272 |
Wow... That is an incredibly lame response they gave you.  I honestly don't think they pay attention to the profiles.  I've been looking at reviews for the shampoo and although most are positive they appear to be strictly from men with thinning hair.  I just wish he would get a really good box, such as the super fantastic 1-4 boxes this month.  I've started to rethink if BBM is worth it if he keeps getting stuff he won't use.  He says he really enjoys getting BBM every month, but that's most likely because he's getting it for free!  I'm the one shelling out the dough.  Since subscribing in September, he's only used a couple of things.  He stores the rest away like he's a dang squirrel storing nuts!  

Originally Posted by dietblack /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow... That is an incredibly lame response they gave you.  I honestly don't think they pay attention to the profiles.  I've been looking at reviews for the shampoo and although most are positive they appear to be strictly from men with thinning hair.  I just wish he would get a really good box, such as the super fantastic 1-4 boxes this month.  I've started to rethink if BBM is worth it if he keeps getting stuff he won't use.  He says he really enjoys getting BBM every month, but that's most likely because he's getting it for free!  I'm the one shelling out the dough.  Since subscribing in September, he's only used a couple of things.  He stores the rest away like he's a dang squirrel storing nuts!  
My boyfriend doesn't have thinning hair, received and used the shampoo, and actually really liked it. So it IS worth a shot; but I COMPLETELY understand your frustration. My boyfriend has a beard. This is indicated in our profile. Guess how many shave creams/gels we received in his first 4 boxes? FIVE. FIVE Shave products in 4 boxes. In one of those boxes, they even gave us TWO shave creams in one box, which made up HALF of the box (4 products total). His card showed one of them should have been a face wash. When I emailed them to get the face wash, they said the card was mistaken, they wanted to send him 2 shave products so he could really see the differences in each??? They make no sense. We have since received MORE shave gel that I end up using. FINALLY they listened and sent him the beard elixir this month, which he already loves. So they did step things up, somewhat, for us.

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My boyfriend doesn't have thinning hair, received and used the shampoo, and actually really liked it. So it IS worth a shot; but I COMPLETELY understand your frustration. My boyfriend has a beard. This is indicated in our profile. Guess how many shave creams/gels we received in his first 4 boxes? FIVE. FIVE Shave products in 4 boxes. In one of those boxes, they even gave us TWO shave creams in one box, which made up HALF of the box (4 products total). His card showed one of them should have been a face wash. When I emailed them to get the face wash, they said the card was mistaken, they wanted to send him 2 shave products so he could really see the differences in each??? They make no sense. We have since received MORE shave gel that I end up using. FINALLY they listened and sent him the beard elixir this month, which he already loves. So they did step things up, somewhat, for us.
Also, don't be TOO disheartened about the shabby boxes this month, my boyfriend got an extra item in his box that was not listed on the card. It is not shown in any other box, so I assume it was not a mix-up, but a surprise extra. It was: 

a large olive green duffle bag, from Kerastase. He DID receive the Kerastase thinning shampoo, so maybe that is why he received it. But it was an awesome surprise nonetheless.
Also, the boxes were silver this month instead of blue. Pretty cool for December :)

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, don't be TOO disheartened about the shabby boxes this month, my boyfriend got an extra item in his box that was not listed on the card. It is not shown in any other box, so I assume it was not a mix-up, but a surprise extra. It was: 

a large olive green duffle bag, from Kerastase. He DID receive the Kerastase thinning shampoo, so maybe that is why he received it. But it was an awesome surprise nonetheless.
Also, the boxes were silver this month instead of blue. Pretty cool for December :)
I posted about that earlier in the thread. They said that in the December spoiler video that everyone receiving the shampoo would be getting that

kinda happy with my box this month. the box is silver so that was kinda nice. the tie...sigh i guess ill have to start wearing ties now.

havent tried the shave oil yet, will see how it does against a DE razor.

If anyone doesn't want their beard elixir please PM me! I would love to have my fiance give it a try since I'm the one that has to kiss him! Thanks!

Showed hubs his box...he went, "Oh."  Whoops.  Guess he isn't happy with this one...we'll try again next month!  He says he likes the American Crew aftershave stuff and he likes the Toweldry hair goo and the Cartier smelly stuff he's gotten in his previous boxes, as well as the other stuff that he has liked but he REALLY likes those 3 things.  Guess I know what's going in his stocking this year.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Here's my husband's box (#6).

Hubs finally got his box today.  He was pretty "meh" about it.   (Box 6, the punishment edition.)

BUT, I did use his 3 month BB code and cashed in 500 points to buy him the Cartier Declaration perfume he's been going on and on about since he first sampled it.  It'll go in his stocking for Christmas.  Am I a good wife or what?  Using all my points up and all....hehe!  It was $75, then $15 for this 3 month 20% off, then the 500 points for $50 off plus free shipping so I paid all of $10 for it.  Woop!  hehe

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hubs finally got his box today.  He was pretty "meh" about it.   (Box 6, the punishment edition.)

BUT, I did use his 3 month BB code and cashed in 500 points to buy him the Cartier Declaration perfume he's been going on and on about since he first sampled it.  It'll go in his stocking for Christmas.  Am I a good wife or what?  Using all my points up and all....hehe!  It was $75, then $15 for this 3 month 20% off, then the 500 points for $50 off plus free shipping so I paid all of $10 for it.  Woop!  hehe
Score!

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone doesn't want their beard elixir please PM me! I would love to have my fiance give it a try since I'm the one that has to kiss him! Thanks!
My fiance has a beard too, I LOVE the art of shaving pre shave oil (he uses it when he trims it up). He got it as a sample and I bought it for him because it makes it so soft!

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did that for christmas too! My fiancee is going to be getting two different things that I cashed in all our points for (A Kiel's moisturizer set & the Balla powder that he fell in love with). I always save our points up and then use them when we get one of our anniversary codes to use. He told me to use them all up on myself, so he's going to be surprised! 

Latest posts

Back