Birchbox November 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the sample choices this month.  If I can I am going to pick the face mask on one account and the hair mask on the other.  My skin and hair need some love with the change in weather!  This looks like it will be a good month.

Well... I've tried three of the four (Juice Beauty through a different sub) already and I'm not really into picking them up again. Hopefully the curated box is good. If not, I will leave it up to chance and hope for the best.

I have previously sampled and loved and bought a full size of the green apple peel. I'm running low so it would be nice to get some more. But I would also like to try face mask and the hair mask.

My year sub finished up this month and I un-subbed. Now I am waiting to sign up for month to month. I really hope it switches over before PYS opens. I contacted cs a week ago but she told me it would switch over later in the month but didn't say when exactly. I hope I get a choice but I'm not sure if I should get the Amika or the soap not radio.

Yep that's my experience as well although I still want that Cuppa Cuppa Tea Mask...

I'm not going to pick a sample for either of my accounts.  I always end up feeling disappointed with my boxes that I picked the sample.  I like my sample choice but the rest of the box is usually lackluster.  The random boxes I get always seem to be better.

I have that same sample of the Juice Beauty peel from like 4/5 months ago and still haven't tried it and I have a full size of the Amika mask that I love :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  So I am probably either going to get the tea mask or the curated box if it's mostly things I like.

The question is how many boxes will I end up getting this month... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I definitely want that Cuppa Cuppa Tea Mask. 

For those who have tried the Juice Beauty, does it actually smell like apples? Or if you've tried other Juice Beauty products, does it have that same scent as like their CC cream or moisturizers?

My year sub finished up this month and I un-subbed. Now I am waiting to sign up for month to month. I really hope it switches over before PYS opens. I contacted cs a week ago but she told me it would switch over later in the month but didn't say when exactly. I hope I get a choice but I'm not sure if I should get the Amika or the soap not radio.
I'm in the same position on my "main" account...I hope we can re-sub soon.

Yep that's my experience as well although I still want that Cuppa Cuppa Tea Mask...
Me too! Luckily I have 3 accounts. Here's hoping we get them before they sell out.

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/royal-apothic-cuppa-cuppa-firming-tea-treatment-mask

Okay I looked up the Cuppa Cuppa tea mask on birchbox.com and that stuff is hella expensive.  $58 for 6 single use tubes?!  I hope I don't fall in love with it because there's no way i could justify it.
Wow!! Almost makes me want to get it on 2 accounts in case it's amazing...Or open a new account just in hopes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm going to go for the Amika.  I don't really use face masks or peels, and I've already tried the Not Soap, Radio (it was alright, but I want to try something new).  But I want to see what's in the curated box before I fully decide.

The Cuppa Cuppa Tea mask sounds best to me.

I love peels, too, but Juice Beauty always smells awful to me. I would probably try it if the Tea Mask were out of stock, though.

I hate juice beauty more than any other brand (even gilchrest and soames) because of that weird smell, so I pray to God I don't get it or it'll go straight to my trade list or garbage.

I wonder if they're gonna have the yellow not soap radio body wash as a sample. I travelled with it Iast month, and no matter how many times i made sure the lid was on securely, it still spilled out in my tsa ziploc bag.

I love amika, and I went on an amika haul a few weeks ago, got the mask along with other items, and it made my hair feel puppy soft. My husband loves how this brand make my hair look, smell, and feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate juice beauty more than any other brand (even gilchrest and soames) because of that weird smell, so I pray to God I don't get it or it'll go straight to my trade list or garbage.
haha I thought it was just me. I haven't tried the brand at all for a few years(one of my first Birchbox samples), but I just remember it being the 2nd time I had tried something from the brand, and the smell was nauseating(again). Time has made me think maybe I was being harsh.

Maybe I should go with my gut and avoid it again if the Cuppa Tea sample is out. Amika it is. 

The question is how many boxes will I end up getting this month... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I definitely want that Cuppa Cuppa Tea Mask.

For those who have tried the Juice Beauty, does it actually smell like apples? Or if you've tried other Juice Beauty products, does it have that same scent as like their CC cream or moisturizers?
I think it has that strange smell but not as bad as their CC cream. I'm not a fan of the CC cream or the peel. The peel just didn't do a thing for my face so after a few uses I tossed the rest (which I rarely do with products). I am a huge fan of their stem cell moisturizer so if that was an option I would really be in trouble.

Latest posts

Back