Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased the living proof restore shampoo and conditioner for my mom using her points. It took a long time of subscribing for her but she finally found something that made her want to buy the full sizes.

I got the above order last night and then got this email  :angry:

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 11.45.48 AM.png

I'm also annoyed they're running a free beauty blender promo literally right after I bought one.  :angry:   :angry:   :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning to make this purchase if BB ever gets around to crediting 100 points for the card missing from my September box.  I re-subbed mid-September and the box did not arrive until October 5th, then the card was nowhere to be found.  I know I am not the only one with this issue.  I e-mailed to say, "Hey, just a heads up, my September box had no product card, I actually use the card and I'm really disappointed that this box didn't have it."  BB CS was like, "Oh, thanks for providing feedback on the new vertical card format.  We appreciate it."  Ah, no, read the e-mail, BB CS, read the e-mail. 

bb cart.PNG

I'm planning to make this purchase if BB ever gets around to crediting 100 points for the card missing from my September box.  I re-subbed mid-September and the box did not arrive until October 5th, then the card was nowhere to be found.  I know I am not the only one with this issue.  I e-mailed to say, "Hey, just a heads up, my September box had no product card, I actually use the card and I'm really disappointed that this box didn't have it."  BB CS was like, "Oh, thanks for providing feedback on the new vertical card format.  We appreciate it."  Ah, no, read the e-mail, BB CS, read the e-mail. 
I'm really particular about saving the cards (I've saved every one from the three years I've subscribed) and I'd be pissed if they forgot my card, too. So I feel your pain/frustration - they should've thrown you some sorry points at least - hell, even actually reading your email would have been a lot better than the response you did get lol.

My grandmother gives each grandkids parent $100 to get a Christmas present with so I ordered the beachwaver s1 and with the the code it only came to $90! I fully intend to use it when it comes in and wrap it up on Christmas Eve to pretend it's a surprise lol

I renewed my annual sub via a 'gift sub' from my alter-ego + got a MSP.  Used 200 pts +30% off for $57. That's only $4.75 a box, which is means they are free after points reviews. :lol: (you can still review gift subs, right?)
That's such a great deal! I only had 100 points because I can't seem to hold onto them, but it still ends up being ~$5.50 a month. And yes, you can review on gift subs! I ended up buying one of the annual subscription gift cards so I can add it onto my account when my current sub is up. I wonder if they expire. 

so tempted to order an annual sub gift card thanks to these posts...does anyone know if you get 100 points for purchasing it as well? or does that only happen when you purchase/renew an annual sub for yourself?

edit: never mind figured it out! ordered a 6 month card and mystery pack :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Capture.PNG

I made this order on 12/11/15.  I want to try the Ofra Liquid Lipstick so bad.  I've heard good things about them, but I don't want to spend the approx. $20 on the Ofra website.  So far I've tried the liquid lipsticks by Stila through Birchbox, and I've bought one by Kat Von D, and NYX in Stone Cold.  I  think I like the NYX one best.  If I don't like the Ofra, I didn't waste $20 cash, but I hope it's good because they do have colors I want to try really bad.  

I didn't get as much of a discount as I could have, but this time around I used my first 100 points on my self-gifted (2nd) account, paired with my $10 off $35 first box, to get:

points2.jpg

I know I'll get the 'welcome' box whenever I activate this, so I'm going to try to hold off for a month that I'm not super excited about sample choice. I've heard good things about the lip balm though and I'm excited for another Mystery Pack!!

I saw this in the shop for the first time today. It looked like the Tinkerbell perfume set I had when I was four.  I already know I like Calm.  Hopefully the others will be just as nice.  :wub:

Lollia by Margot Elena Sweet Hearts Little Luxe Eau De Parfum Set

$63.00
Spend $35+, get a free Mystery Sample Pack
Qty. 1
$10.00
Subtotal $73.00
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (VIP Free Shipping, 20% Off $35+ Product Orders, TAKEALEAP20, Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase) -$22.60
Tax $4.03
200 reward points -$20.00
Grand Total $34.43

Latest posts

Back