Birchbox - The March boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always promise not to peek but i can never help it. I'm the most excited for March's box!

Yep, that's a big thing for me.  The biggest thing I love about these boxes is the surprise - feels like getting a present.  But I freakin' can't help but peek, and then I'm always bummed. It's less exciting to get the box when you know exactly what's in it, and when I look at all the boxes and think about which ones I'd rather have, it sucks more of the fun out of it. I'm going to try really hard not to peek this month! lol

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's nice that they keep things under lock and key, I got my box on the 7th so I had no idea what was going to be in my box this time around. And I loved it! Maybe if Im not expecting one thing or another Ill love my boxes a whole lot more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm going to try hard not to look at the pages this month. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When do they reward your referral points? I've bugged them a few times this month worried I'll never see my points, but they keep saying they'll show up soon, since my friend's box has shipped. Do they show up the last day before the new month?
From their FAQs:

Your 50 Birchbox points will be updated automatically by the end of the same month that your referred friend receives their first Birchbox. Thanks for spreading the Birchbox love!

Zadi, I think they just recently updated it. May be because of me lol. It used to say that the points would be awarded once your friend's first box ships. So that is where my confusion was. It is the last day of the month and still no points, so Im assuming I'll get them once it is officially March 1st.

I opted in for the TV box on both of my accounts but I still want to see what normal BB is getting, so I definitely will be looking. Yay for the beginning of a new month of beauty! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I am staying off this thread this month (or I am at least going to try).  I opted for the teen vogue box and don't want to get box envy if there is some really good stuff in the regular boxes.
icon_cry.gif

Lots of new things (or ones I haven't noticed before at least) and brands under "what's new" in the shop! Really looking forward to this month. 

I notices this as well! There are some new nail polish brands and some new skin care products. Still nothing from Essie or Tarte, but I am sooooooo excited. I always tell myself that I wont peek at the boxes this month.... but I ALWAYS do. lol Most of the time it just makes me even more excited though!

March will be my first box!
beer.gif
it will be the Teen vogue box

soooo excited, I do not want to know what will be inside my box in detail.....but I do want some IDEAS of what the boxes might have in general
smilehappyyes.gif

I'm about 92% certain that after 17 months(!) this will be my final Birchbox. I selected the Teen Vogue box, although I have no valid reason for doing so. I've decided that I will not peek at these boards, I will not stalk the Birchbox page, and I will not obsessively track my package once it's sent. This month's box will be a complete and total surprise.

I think, for me, a big part of my dissatisfaction is seeing all this great stuff that others get. I anticipate getting a certain product, and am disappointed when I don't get it.  I'm hoping that no anticipation = no disappointment. I'm not going to peek before, and I'm not going to check out what others get after. That way there will be no wishing for products I didn't get.

I figure that if I do this and still don't like my box, it's time to quit. I'm secretely hoping, though, that this will bring back the thrill I used to get when my Birchbox arrived.

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm about 92% certain that after 17 months(!) this will be my final Birchbox. I selected the Teen Vogue box, although I have no valid reason for doing so. I've decided that I will not peek at these boards, I will not stalk the Birchbox page, and I will not obsessively track my package once it's sent. This month's box will be a complete and total surprise.

I think, for me, a big part of my dissatisfaction is seeing all this great stuff that others get. I anticipate getting a certain product, and am disappointed when I don't get it.  I'm hoping that no anticipation = no disappointment. I'm not going to peek before, and I'm not going to check out what others get after. That way there will be no wishing for products I didn't get.

I figure that if I do this and still don't like my box, it's time to quit. I'm secretely hoping, though, that this will bring back the thrill I used to get when my Birchbox arrived.
Based on teh comments I've seen on this board, I think that will definitely help out the enjoyment of a lot of birchbox subscribers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

when does that usually come up?

Not completely sure. Hopefully someone who has been with BB longer than I have can answer this. The February Favorites video was very informative when it came to what they ended up shipping out. 
smile.gif

Those videos usually come out by the end of the first week so check next week.

Back