Birchbox - The March boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Lychae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone get their shipping notifications yet?

They don't usually start shipping until a  little later, the 1st is a little early. 
smile.gif

lol nothing they had on the Feb video was in my box, butit was still fun to see what they show

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

when does that usually come up?

Not completely sure. Hopefully someone who has been with BB longer than I have can answer this. The February Favorites video was very informative when it came to what they ended up shipping out. 
smile.gif

I used to get my shipping notices on the 26th - 28th due to the fact I live in the southwest. =/

I didn't peek at my first boxes (simply because I didn't realize I could, I suspect . . . :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I was a bit disappointed because I was hoping for more makeup items.  But when I researched my products and actually started to use them, I fell in love.  This is what birchbox is all about, getting you to try different things, maybe even things that you wouldn't find for yourself, like having a beauty editor as a friend.  I'm just starting to use anti-aging creams, and the sample companies are helping me find what I really like without spending $90 on a product only to find that I don't like it.  Plus the points system is excellent, helping to lower the prices along with the 20% coupons.

I've had box envy and been thrilled with the box I received.  I really think having multiple subscriptions helps, as it gives you a greater chance to get something you really wanted.  The box values are usually very good, anyway, and if you get multiples you can really try out a product well or put together goody bags for friends, I know I'd love to get a goody bag.  I wonder how many subscribers will keep their second subscription after the March Teen Vogue boxes because they realize they like getting two boxes.  The only problem I had with getting a second box is I did it when it wasn't the Teen Vogue different box so I ended up with a box full of what seemed like the least liked leftovers, i.e. the fashion tape, the orange drink powder, etc.

I'll definitely keep peeking, for me this site keeps the Birchbox excitement up all month, anticipating what's in the boxes, seeing what's in my boxes, getting opinions and reviews from other beauty enthusiasts and then the whole roller coaster starts over again.  I'd miss all of that if I were to stay off the boards to preserve the excitement and surprise.  My curiosity would drive me crazy. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, both my Eye Rock and bronzer puffy thing (if I remember correctly) were in the video. But I do agree, fun to watch either way! 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol nothing they had on the Feb video was in my box, butit was still fun to see what they show

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't peek at my first boxes (simply because I didn't realize I could, I suspect . . . :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I was a bit disappointed because I was hoping for more makeup items.  But when I researched my products and actually started to use them, I fell in love.  This is what birchbox is all about, getting you to try different things, maybe even things that you wouldn't find for yourself, like having a beauty editor as a friend.  I'm just starting to use anti-aging creams, and the sample companies are helping me find what I really like without spending $90 on a product only to find that I don't like it.  Plus the points system is excellent, helping to lower the prices along with the 20% coupons.

I've had box envy and been thrilled with the box I received.  I really think having multiple subscriptions helps, as it gives you a greater chance to get something you really wanted.  The box values are usually very good, anyway, and if you get multiples you can really try out a product well or put together goody bags for friends, I know I'd love to get a goody bag.  I wonder how many subscribers will keep their second subscription after the March Teen Vogue boxes because they realize they like getting two boxes.  The only problem I had with getting a second box is I did it when it wasn't the Teen Vogue different box so I ended up with a box full of what seemed like the least liked leftovers, i.e. the fashion tape, the orange drink powder, etc.

I'll definitely keep peeking, for me this site keeps the Birchbox excitement up all month, anticipating what's in the boxes, seeing what's in my boxes, getting opinions and reviews from other beauty enthusiasts and then the whole roller coaster starts over again.  I'd miss all of that if I were to stay off the boards to preserve the excitement and surprise.  My curiosity would drive me crazy. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't intend to keep mine, I have too many other subscriptions that I like too much.

I am one of those ppl who might end up keeping it. Honestly, it depends on whether or not the Sample Society box can even compare to BB. I agree with the comments on not being excited about something in the box (for ex: the wei buffing beads) but then when I actually tried it, I really liked it and even ordered the full size from BB. This has happened with the Orofluido as well. Honestly I havent had the greatest boxes ever, but I havent had any nightmare experience with any products (crossing my fingers now) so I am very happy with BB, and am very glad I found this forum to enjoy my experience with them even more. I love when ppl get excited over their boxes but it bumms me out that so many ppl like to complain about *everything*.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All I can think of is how many hours I will spend trying to get that off my nails!!

You just use foil!! I wear glitter all the time and it makes it so easy! 

There are a lot of videos on youtube about it, but just soak a cotton square in polish remover (I use pure acetone, bad I know), put that on your finger, wrap it in foil, let it sit, rub it a little bit, and pull it off. It's like magic. I HATED removing glitter polish before I learned about it and would always opt to pick it off because I can't live without my glitter, but its been a real life saver! 

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

THIS is making me excited! I wear glitter all of the time! And PINK glitter?! YAAAY!

EXACTLY! I have a very similar one by China Glaze but who doesn't need more pink glitter! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

SQUEEEEEEEEEE! Pink glitter!
laughno.gif
 That is SO me! If I that is in the TV box I will be stoked! I love love love glitter polish and can never have enough... but I don't think I can ever have enough of ANY nail polish, glitter or not. hehehe

I love the glitter!! I actually have never tried an Essie nail polish, so no matter the color I'll be excited.

Originally Posted by Lychae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone get their shipping notifications yet?
I got charged today for my Mar BB.  I'm not expecting a ship notice for about a week.

I know, I've used that trick before, it's just so time consuming lol

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You just use foil!! I wear glitter all the time and it makes it so easy! 

There are a lot of videos on youtube about it, but just soak a cotton square in polish remover (I use pure acetone, bad I know), put that on your finger, wrap it in foil, let it sit, rub it a little bit, and pull it off. It's like magic. I HATED removing glitter polish before I learned about it and would always opt to pick it off because I can't live without my glitter, but its been a real life saver! 

Back