Birchbox - The March boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't remember if I mentioned it but I hated the Forte Teas without sugar. As ice teas they were great but I drink ice teas with lots of sugar. lol
lol I drink all tea with sugar hahaha. 

Yeah, I probably only like it because of the sugar. I should try honey tomorrow. 

And, yes, the Cucumber Mint is great! It has blueberries in it too, which is pretty good tea on its own.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol I drink all tea with sugar hahaha. 
I am the complete opposite! lol All I need is a little lemon and I'm good to go

Originally Posted by ladybritt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am the complete opposite! lol All I need is a little lemon and I'm good to go
yeah Im the same. I dont drink my tea with any sugar or anything for that matter. Only if Im drinking black tea and steeped it for too long will I add a teensy bit of sugar or agave.

I don't see the problem. Can't you just add sugar while it is still hot, before you add ice (if you want) and it will dissolve and be sweet then? Not trying to be a smart alec or anything. I love tea! I tend to collect it faster than I can drink it. I usually add honey while it is hot to let it dissolve, but I'm from the south where sugar gets added to sweet tea in large quantities, so I know that's how most people sweeten their tea. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by thr33things /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After searching on Tea Forte's website, I found out that it's sold at a little shop here, so I picked up a Honey Yuzu and Cherry Marzipan the other day. 

Just one cup a day has improved my skin noticeably. (And I mean, they taste great too!) I never would have bought them if it wasn't for BB. I'm totally for the "Lifestyle Extra."
I drank the Cherry Marzipan the other day with a blemish on my face. The next day, blemish was gone. Not sayin' it's aliens, but... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love the stuff.

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by thr33things /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After searching on Tea Forte's website, I found out that it's sold at a little shop here, so I picked up a Honey Yuzu and Cherry Marzipan the other day. 

Just one cup a day has improved my skin noticeably. (And I mean, they taste great too!) I never would have bought them if it wasn't for BB. I'm totally for the "Lifestyle Extra."
I drank the Cherry Marzipan the other day with a blemish on my face. The next day, blemish was gone. Not sayin' it's aliens, but... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love the stuff.

I honestly think they help! I've noticed a HUGE difference in my (very prominent) acne scars that are all over my cheeks. They've faded like nobody's business. 

It's fantastic.

I've not had to wear as much makeup lately. I mean I still have my spots of bad acne that I cover up like crazy, but I haven't changed anything other than drinking that tea every few days. Maybe I should drink it every day...

I like the Tea Forte teas, too...but you can get the skin benefits from a TON of different teas! Antioxidants are great for your skin - even plain tea has some, and of course blends with things like pomegranate, blueberry, and acai have even more. So don't think you have to stick just to the Tea Forte ones to get the perks! Tea is just awesome for you in general.

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think, for me, a big part of my dissatisfaction is seeing all this great stuff that others get. I anticipate getting a certain product, and am disappointed when I don't get it.  I'm hoping that no anticipation = no disappointment. I'm not going to peek before, and I'm not going to check out what others get after. That way there will be no wishing for products I didn't get.

I figure that if I do this and still don't like my box, it's time to quit. I'm secretely hoping, though, that this will bring back the thrill I used to get when my Birchbox arrived.
That's one of my biggest reasons for enrolling in Sample Society. Sucky or fantastic, everybody gets the same box. So I won't get excited and then be let down if I don't get what I hoped for.  My first Birchbox was a huge let-down, and I am almost afraid to be excited for the Gossip Girl box. If that one doesn't thrill me, I'll be canceling right after. 

Back