Birchbox + Vichy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the eye makeup remover and face wash were just okay. However, I loved the face creams! I was just happy to get a 'bonus' box. It was such a nice surprise. I haven't tried out this brand before, so I'm glad to have tried out their skin care line.

I'm starting to get upset... I was told I was supposed to receive a Vichy box, but nothing yet. I haven't even received my shipping confirmation. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm starting to get upset... I was told I was supposed to receive a Vichy box, but nothing yet. I haven't even received my shipping confirmation. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not everyone that requested one was able to get one.  They only had limited quantities (I too didn't get one after requesting one)

Unfortunately it was a first come, first serve. If you didn't get confirmation two weeks ago then you're not going to get one.

Ok, the day cream has given me a question.  Why does it not have spf?  I have never used a daytime moisturizer that doesn't contain spf.  Do people use 2 things on their face one for moisture and one for spf?

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, the day cream has given me a question.  Why does it not have spf?  I have never used a daytime moisturizer that doesn't contain spf.  Do people use 2 things on their face one for moisture and one for spf?

I do. I use a moisturizer followed by a Clarins sunscreen. The Clarins is SPF 40 and the only sunscreen that doesn't cause a rash on my face.

I do, too...I have one daytime moisturizer that has spf 15, but my usual is Cetaphil and it does not, so when I use that, I put on separate sunscreen.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately it was a first come, first serve. If you didn't get confirmation two weeks ago then you're not going to get one.

Actually, I had contacted them about it because I had opted in, almost a month ago now. I finally got my confirmation today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Back to being happy over here!

Actually, I had contacted them about it because I had opted in, almost a month ago now. I finally got my confirmation today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Back to being happy over here!

I got my shipping confirm about a week after everyone else when I e-mailed them asking if I was getting it.  I think they may have held some back in case someone was upset they didn't get one.  Glad they did as I am really happy with the products.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! Glad you did. Normally if you don't see a tracking # within a few days it usually means they don't have any more freebies. Glad to see that there's still a chance for people to get a box.

And this is ridiculously awesome customer service. Just another reason why I'm upgrading to a year subscription the first chance I get. Birchbox is amazing.

I really liked the night cream! My skin looks good in the morning. The moisturizer is really nice too, and I love the smell. 

The cleansing milk just didn't work for me. I felt like I hadn't cleaned my face and my face became super oily.  

I did get one breakout on my chin, but I think it was because I used too much of the night cream at the beginning. Now I'm fine! 

It looks like they do offer a day cream with SPF. From their facebook page: 

VichyUSA Hi Julie! Welcome to Vichy! We're so happy to hear you are loving the samples from Birchbox. The cream does NOT have SPF in it, but this Aqualia Thermal lotion does and is great for daytime:http://www.vichyusa.com/_us/_en/face-care/moisturizers/aqualia-thermal-lotion-spf-30.htm.

March 10 at 11:30pm Â· Unlike Â·   2
Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I must say their aqualia thermal day cream is amazing for my skin. I live in a high desert environment, so my skin is always dehydrated. I also look like an oil slick before midday. This stuff fixes both problems. My skin is still moisturized at the end of the day, and I'm finally not oily! I use it in conjunction with their aqualia thermal serum (I stocked up after getting the Birchbox, plus using the BB code to get even MORE samples, yay). This free Birchbox was one of my favorites so far.

I've been using the Vichy products for about 2-3 weeks. I do have sensitive skin, and I've noticed my breakouts have gone away. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself. 
smile.gif

Did anyone else get a survey about their Vichy box? Looks like they're planning on having more sponsored brand boxes, since they were asking about other mass brands I might be interested in.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else get a survey about their Vichy box? Looks like they're planning on having more sponsored brand boxes, since they were asking about other mass brands I might be interested in.
Yep, got that survey!  I was a little surprised that they didn't ask questions about the specific products (and now that winter is over, I'm going to have to try this stuff again.  It did *not* work on my winter skin, but I seem to be past my annual bout of freakish dryness, so it might not be as problematic now), but I was interested to see those questions about future sponsored boxes.  I can't name any that I want to try because I tend to get so overwhelmed by the options available that i just stick with the same things I've always used unless I get a sample of something different (every time I've changed facial cleaners, it has been due to sampling), so I would be interested in *trying* new brands, but I can't name one single brand I specifically *want* to try.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I did!  I would love to have more sponsored boxes!!!

Yes, I filled out the survey today. It would be amazing to get a sponsored box as an extra every once in a while. I was very excited when I received the Vichy offer.

Back