Birth Control Pills and Breakthrough bleeding

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, this is a question for anybody who has been on or is on a birth control pill that causes breakthrough bleeding.

I have been on alesse, marvelon 28 and ortho 777, all of these birth control pills seem to cause me breakthrough bleeding, I was wondering if anybody has had this problem and has switched to another pill. I would like to ask my doctor for another pill but not sure which one, as I have already seen her about this issue and it didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Originally Posted by janac Hi, this is a question for anybody who has been on or is on a birth control pill that causes breakthrough bleeding.
I have been on alesse, marvelon 28 and ortho 777, all of these birth control pills seem to cause me breakthrough bleeding, I was wondering if anybody has had this problem and has switched to another pill. I would like to ask my doctor for another pill but not sure which one, as I have already seen her about this issue and it didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I had that when I was younger - what it came down to, was they just had to "up" the dosage of the milligrams - didn't have to switch pills at all - Stayed with the same pill I was taking all along, just a few more milligrams were needed.....No biggie !

I know BCs and smoking is a VERY bad thing....not sure about the other

Originally Posted by K*O*

I had that when I was younger - what it came down to, was they just had to "up" the dosage of the milligrams - didn't have to switch pills at all - Stayed with the same pill I was taking all along, just a few more milligrams were needed.....No biggie !

I had break-through bleeding on the ortho-novum 777 too. My doctor switched me to Ovcon. Worked for me. It is also important to understand to take it at the almost exactly the same time each day in order to maintain the levels of hormones in your body. When the levels drop for too long of a period of time that is when break through bleeding can occur. Sometimes it can take several months for your body to adjust to the pill. I'd talk to your doctor again. Afterall, there are tons of BC pills out on the market. I'm sure you'll find one that works for you. Good Luck

I've never had a problem with breakthrough bleeding. I think it's more likely to happen with low dose BCs.

Latest posts

Back