Bismuth and nanoparticles in mineral makeup....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I’m interested in what everyone thinks /knows about Nano-particles and Bismuth? I love my mineral foundation and mineral eye shadows but previously discovered I seem to be allergic to Bismuth that is in some mineral foundations. I started researching the ingredients Nano-particles and Bismuth in particular and was shocked! Wondered if anyone else has experienced reactions?

I am super sensitive to Bismuth Oxychloride. My face gets so freakishly itchy on first use. If I use it more than once or leave it on for more than a couple of hours I rash out. The last time I tried a new mineral makeup with B.O. it took my skin almost two weeks to heal. I rarely use mineral foundation anymore because now I live in a desert and need more moisture.

Stay away from bismuth oxychloride if you can. It makes so many people itchy and their faces raw. I just started making my own. I know its tempting to go back because of the coverage but you want your make up to benefit you in every way, not work against you. You should be just as beautiful when you take your make up off as you do when its on. Bismuths only purpose is to give that pearly look to your face. Check out Etsy. Their are some great sellers there that make bismuth free foundations and veils!

I'm also allergic to bismuth oxychloride. It's in a lot of makeup, not just mineral. Most powder products and eye primers have it as well. A lot of people do not realize they are allergic to it and just think they are having an acne breakout. If I accidentally use a product containing B.O. I know within minutes because my face starts to itch and if I don't remove it right away starts to burn.

Back