Black heads and White heads!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have them on my ckeecks and forehead! I'm going crazy! I can usually squeeze the ones on my forehead but the ones on my cheeks I can't!! I tried a long time ago one of those Biore Strips but it didn't do a good job! Is there something I can do to completely get rid of this things! I've seen this pore cleansers on ebay for cheap and I'm wondering is they will do the job???

porecleaner1.jpg

I agree with Liz. I've personally never used one, but know people who have and it didn't work at all for them.

Originally Posted by Liz ahhh.. that thing doesn't work at all!! Thanks!! I was about to go buy one!

Originally Posted by smallpuppy I have them on my ckeecks and forehead! I'm going crazy! I can usually squeeze the ones on my forehead but the ones on my cheeks I can't!! I tried a long time ago one of those Biore Strips but it didn't do a good job! Is there something I can do to completely get rid of this things! I've seen this pore cleansers on ebay for cheap and I'm wondering is they will do the job???
porecleaner1.jpg

Ugh- i have it.. and no it doesn't work well at ALL. I found that Biore strips work MUCH better after a good hot shower. Just washing my face didn't soften the skin or open the pores as much. I also have one of those metal tools, looks like a tiny "spoon" on both ends with a hole in the spoon.. your supposed to line up the blackhead and press.. Comedone Extractor.. is what its called.. they work too, best after a hot shower. I try to exfoliate, not sleep with any makeup on.. thats seems to help.. and so does the strips..

yea that thing won't do the trick. Your bet bet is a good exfoliator and a face wash. Good luck!

I agree with the last 2 comments as well. don't get that thing though, it's a waste of money. I forgot where I read it, in one of the millions of magazines, that, that kind of stuff is useless and a waste of money.

I'm with Kim, Glycolic acid works for me.

For glycolic acid, I'm using this stuff from Mario Badescu, the Glycolic Foaming cleanser.

Since I have oily skin (not very oily), I only use it once a day before bed. In the morning Enzym Cleanser gel will just fine for me.

For white head, just dab a small amount their pink stuff using the cotton swab.

OK, I use Clinique moisturizers, eye treatments (just got Clinique daily benefits eye today
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) anyway, I like their product line, I'm thinking of getting the Pore Minimizer Thermal Active Skin Refiner because I'm having the same issue as you. You can go to Clinique.com & there's a link & pic right on the homepage.http://www.clinique.com/

For such kind of skin troubles, FunPrese soap is definately good. No stimulus but gentle to skin. I believe it works great whatever type of skin you have. Actually I use it every day. I used to have acne problem with my skin but currently I do not worry about it so much.
smile.gif

is glycolic acid one of those acids that young skin shouldn't use? i'm 18 and i know to stay away from AHA and BHA, so is glycolic anything like that?

Originally Posted by Jennifer is glycolic acid one of those acids that young skin shouldn't use? i'm 18 and i know to stay away from AHA and BHA, so is glycolic anything like that? I think it depends on your skin needs and situations. If you have oily skin type and prone to blemish and acne in your young age, glycolic with low percentage will help to renew your skin and prevent pimples. Just don't overuse it, always keep the balance. Less is always better than too much.
But, if you have dry skin, and you don't have wrinkles or acne that bother you. Then you don't need glycolic acid.

Originally Posted by MacForMe Ugh- i have it.. and no it doesn't work well at ALL. I found that Biore strips work MUCH better after a good hot shower. Just washing my face didn't soften the skin or open the pores as much. I also have one of those metal tools, looks like a tiny "spoon" on both ends with a hole in the spoon.. your supposed to line up the blackhead and press.. Comedone Extractor.. is what its called.. they work too, best after a hot shower. I try to exfoliate, not sleep with any makeup on.. thats seems to help.. and so does the strips..
perfect responce,i agree!!!!!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Leony I think it depends on your skin needs and situations. If you have oily skin type and prone to blemish and acne in your young age, glycolic with low percentage will help to renew your skin and prevent pimples. Just don't overuse it, always keep the balance. Less is always better than too much.
But, if you have dry skin, and you don't have wrinkles or acne that bother you. Then you don't need glycolic acid.

thanks, leony
smile.gif

I've always wanted to try something with glycolic acid for my pores and clearing off the dead layer of skin, but never knew what to get. What's a good drugstore version and high-end version? I'm also going for micro-derm as soon as beach season is over and I'm gonna look into a glycolic peel, too, just not sure yet.

I didn't even say hi properly
icon_redface.gif
but want to chip in because just have to ask:

How can glycolid acid in a cleanser work as it doesn't stay on but gets washed off ?

And isn't the ph crucial so that the acid can work?

Sorry about rushing in here before saying hi- will do now. Just really interested in exfoliation right now!
icon_redface.gif

I use paulas choice salicylic(not sure I spelt that right) liquid, its pretty good,comes in 2 strengths 1% and 2%. It does seem to loosen the blackheads making them really easy to squeeze out. It hasent got rid of them completely but there are definately less.

I've heard that Joey new york pure pores blackhead gel is good
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back