Blackheads & whiteheads

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Although I never get acne/pimples, I do occasionally get blackheads on my nose and whiteheads (I'm actually not sure if they are whiteheads...they are bumpy, colorless & closed...). I used Neutrogena's Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub and it seems to work alright. It doesn't eliminate the blackheads completely but close enough. However, I'm now visiting Asia and the air is quite polluted, causing more blackheads then ever, and the scrub doesn't seem to be working anymore. I'd like to find something that is more effective but can still be used as a daily cleanser. Any recommendations? And, does anyone know what to do for whiteheads? Thanks!

Avon correct and fade peel it has made miracle's for my skin. I've been using it for 2 months once a day and have noticed that the blackheads I have are surfacing and there are no new ones. It also makes your face glow and fades any scars.

i am wanting to try clarins. right now i use clinique 3 step but i use a ddf moisturizer instead. it's helped my skin a lot
biggrin.gif

I have the same problem! BUT...it has really become minimal since I started using MD Formulations Facial Cleanser. It's a glycolic acid cleanser that doesn't take of makeup very well, so I just use it in the mornings. I rinse my face off, then apply the cleanser and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, I gently rub a wet cloth over my face and rinse. It really exfoliates well and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. A swipe of benzoyl peroxide lotion under my regular daily lotion keeps the acne-prone areas bacteria-free and less oily during the day. Although it took a few weeks to notice, this regimen has REALLY made a difference for me. Good luck!

try to find a moisturizer containing an anti-pollution screen, that definitely helps.

for whiteheads, i apply on them some tea tree oil (mixed with a vegetable oil and some alcohol) with a Q-tip. it can dry a whitehead overnight.

Clarins has some(Ultra matte balancing lotion & Ultra-matte day concentrate), apparently Clinique's superdefense moisturizer contains one too, if you like Clinique products.

I've purchased a glycolic acid peel the other day..I've been using it for 2 weeks now (once a week) and it's great. Results are already visible, less blackheads, smaller pores, absolutely love it!

thanks for the responses!! i've heard that glycolic acid helps a bunch. what peel did you purchase leintjess?

I've recently discovered a treasure made by an Australian company called Moogoo. Its an oil cleanser which, I'll admit, makes me feel like I'm rubbing cooking oil on my face. But after its rinsed off, it leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and clean. My pores have never looked better!

The only things that come close to this are Babyface by LUSH, and the Dermalogica range. Everything else is too harsh, too damaging, and generally, does nothing for me. I also find that rigorous, sweaty exercise (running, dancing, whatever), drinking plenty of water and staying healthy helps my skin in every way possible. I've had very difficult enlarged pores and blackheads around my nose and cheeks for years, and it took me ages to find effective products. Persevere, darling, I hope something works for you!

i'd start using a face mask to suck up all the dirt and oil for now.

then slowly if you need to start to switch skincare products.

you dont ever wanna do it all at once, since your skin might freak out.

Originally Posted by perlanga2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Avon correct and fade peel it has made miracle's for my skin. I've been using it for 2 months once a day and have noticed that the blackheads I have are surfacing and there are no new ones. It also makes your face glow and fades any scars. I'll have to give this a try!

I am also bothered with whiteheads, but I do not know where to get Tea Trea oil? Is it available in healthcare - shops?
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back