Blending foundation on your neck?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do any of you blend your foundation beyond the jaw line onto the neck region? I am hearing mixed reviews on this technique and I am curious.

your foundation should match your neack, therefore, if you have the proper shade, you should not need to use this tecnique.

Originally Posted by Shanel your foundation should match your neack, therefore, if you have the proper shade, you should not need to use this tecnique. I agree with Shanel. When u buy ur foundation, match it to your neck and not the inside of your arm or anything like that.

Originally Posted by Shanel your foundation should match your neack, therefore, if you have the proper shade, you should not need to use this tecnique. I think that you can soften the line at the jaw by slightly blending down...I do that just to avoid that demarcation line, which I can get even though my foundation matches. I agree with Shanel, though that if you have to actually apply it to your neck that you don't have the right shade.

I never blend my foundation over my neck, the only are where I do some blending is on the jawline close to the ears...that´s the only area where the color difference would show on me

i don't think your foundation should match your neck. it should match your face. but definitely blend around your jawline and by your ear and hairline.

Originally Posted by Liz i don't think your foundation should match your neck. it should match your face. but definitely blend around your jawline and by your ear and hairline. I know it sounds weird, but even in Kevyn Aucoin's Making Faces, he stated that when it comes to foundation, make sure u check in daylight and see that it matches the neck. The reason for this is that u don't want that mask effect. I wish I have a scanner so I can show a Polaroid pic of my sister when I did her makeup. Talk about wrong foundation. It matched her face, but in the photo, it looked like her face was way lighter than her neck....not good....It was a learning lesson.

Originally Posted by iloveparis I know it sounds weird, but even in Kevyn Aucoin's Making Faces, he stated that when it comes to foundation, make sure u check in daylight and see that it matches the neck. The reason for this is that u don't want that mask effect. I wish I have a scanner so I can show a Polaroid pic of my sister when I did her makeup. Talk about wrong foundation. It matched her face, but in the photo, it looked like her face was way lighter than her neck....not good....It was a learning lesson. oh god this brings back memories from a few years ago. I used self tanner on my chest and neck (not on my face because I was afraid my face would get visible streaks), so my neck would be dark and my face was not. also my foundation never really matched my skintone...it was tough to get a good foundation from the drugstore brands we had in my small hometown
icon_rolleyes.gif

i do sometimes powder under my chin but never my neck. i think that you would ruin your clothes with foundation on your neck.

Originally Posted by southerngal Do any of you blend your foundation beyond the jaw line onto the neck region? I am hearing mixed reviews on this technique and I am curious.

I agree with everyone else!! Although I actually don't even blend my foundation down to my jawline, as I only use it where needed.

Originally Posted by Trisha i blend to the jawline, but i match my fndt to my face as more sun hits it hence its darker than my neck, if i went lighter to match my neck, id look ashy x I think that as long as there isn't a harsh line, it looks ok since most people'sfaces are a bit darker. Like Trisha said, if matching your face looks better than matching your neck, or vice versa, just blending will blur the color difference.

Originally Posted by Trisha i blend to the jawline, but i match my fndt to my face as more sun hits it hence its darker than my neck, if i went lighter to match my neck, id look ashy x ditto. this was what i was trying to say earlier. lol. sometimes i don't make sense. haha

Latest posts

Back