Blepharitis~swelling of the eye lids

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i currently have this HORRIABLY. i was diagnosed monday with this due to an allergic reaction to my antibiotic. but everything they perscribed has NOT helped at all leading my dr to think its something else possibly a staph infection EEK. i go back to the dr tommrow. has anyone ever had this or know anyone who has had it? how can i make it better? my eyes are red pink itchy scaleing swoolen and my face is starting to get swoolen. make it stop
icon_cry.gif

My husband has this. He washes his eyes (not the eyeball) with johnson's baby shampoo everyday, that keeps it from coming back.

awww, i'm sorry
frown.gif
i've never heard of it, but i just wanted to say i hope you feel better!

I had it but not as bad you describe. I wear contact lenses and my eyes are changing because I'm getting older (what my eye doc told me)

He ended up giving me drops to put in my eyes and this antibiotic that I would rub on my lids twice a day. He also told me to put warm compresses 3 times a day and take a break from wearing my contact lenses for two weeks. Then I had to wash my upper and lower lids with Johnson's Baby Shampoo (like someone else here said)

My doc couldn't tell me what caused it though.

Originally Posted by bejb1011 i currently have this HORRIABLY. i was diagnosed monday with this due to an allergic reaction to my antibiotic. but everything they perscribed has NOT helped at all leading my dr to think its something else possibly a staph infection EEK. i go back to the dr tommrow. has anyone ever had this or know anyone who has had it? how can i make it better? my eyes are red pink itchy scaleing swoolen and my face is starting to get swoolen. make it stop
icon_cry.gif

I hope it goes away real soon girlie.. I often have problems with my eyes itching but i never had this kinda problem. My eyes were so bad at one point last year that the opthamologist thought my tear ducts were blocked so she stuck needles in my eyes to unblock them & then afterwards she said "oh they werent blocked".. God i almost strangled her. Sorry for rambling!

Get well soon
smile.gif

I had that sometimes, but not because of allergic reaction or something; I think it's because sometimes I accidentally saw a man pee in the street lol.

It was a myth in Indonesia, if you saw a man having a pee in the street, you'll get your eye lids swell for few days after LOL.

I usually just leave it , try not to touch or scratch it.

Anyway sorry for OOT (out of topic)

thanks for help my luffs. i went to the dr today its gotten TONS better. its not a stap infection he determined its from my sinus infection~everything else was inflamed and it had no where else to go so it went to my eyes. he told me to was my eyes with baby shampoo a few times a day and use cetaphil for the dryness. and it should be cleared up ina few days, a week the most. i just wanna wear make up!

Glad to hear you got it checked out. Hang in there until it all clears up. Hope you feel better soon.

im so excited i can wear my contacts today AND MAKE UP!!!!!!!!! every morning when i wake up ive been asking "mom can i wear my contacts mom can i wear my contacts" and this morning i got the ok YAY!!!!!!!! *off to go play with my new shu shadow*

Latest posts

Back