Blood Shot Eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am prone to having blood shot eyes. Actually these days every morning without fail they are blood shot. Do any of ye have eye make up tips to make them them look normal!!

I already have about 8-9 hours a night! I actually just have an eye allery 24/7 so i know its not the sleep. Um Visine is ANOTHER product we can't get in Ireland!!!

i'm also suprised that Visine isn't something available in Ireland. if you wear contacts, perhaps stop wearing them for a few days & let your eyes breathe. whenever i have some extended redness, i wear my glasses for a day or two to give them a break.

maybe it's your mascara or liner? if you're using a pencil, sharpen it a few times & change the mascara. lastly wash any brushes as a precaution. i once had a bad reaction to my mascara & ended up w/REALLY red eyes. i did all of the above & wore glasses for 2 days & it cleared up.

if all else fails, get to a doctor. s/he might be able to Rx something.

Hi Laura
smile.gif

I use Rohto V. eye drops. They're lubricant/redness reliever eyedrops, and they really do work! My eyes are definitely brighter and more clear when I use these. They have a regular version and then a minty one. I have the minty one, and I swear it's like sticking a candy cane in your eye... totally weird. LOL! I think I'll get the regular one next time.

Anyways, just a suggestion in case you can get this in Ireland! But then again, I'm not sure how likely that will be if they don't sell Visine there...

If you're really really sure it's an allergy, then you might check dr. sandra cabot's site @ www.drcabot.com for some insights on cleaning the liver (the Oriental medical model connects eye issues w/liver toxins) & it could be connected to hormonal residues the body is recycling instead of eliminating. Some food groups that don't look related actually are in the same family & as such should be avoided as well. Ex. Ragweed, a common allergen also has in its family bananas, watermelons & something else that escapes me right now...I wanna say almonds but I don't remember. You might do a search (I think I will too) on that topic. At any rate, Visine work for me too, though I do notice that when I use oils around my eyes (even the Fanie Intl. Misty E), my eyes get 'funny' & irritated. You might also try colloidal silver which predated the use of penicillin for just about everything. Apparently there are a rash of silvers on the market that are touted as effective but the one I read about that is the 'purest in parts per million' comes out of Canada. My friend's dad makes his own & I'll have to get the recipe for you.

Latest posts

Back