blow drying hair straight time

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by girl_geek Similarly, if you don't flat iron it, you can do the same thing with a hair dryer: I always dry my hair "regularly" (ie, without a brush, without worrying about styling it) until it is almost dry, then I use a round or paddle brush to finish drying and styling it. If I started putting it in little sections and using a brush when it was very wet, it would probably take me an hour too!
icon_eek.gif
See, when my hair was wavy before TR, I could never let it dry almost all the way and then straighten it. It wouldn't come out straight. My hair was so stubborn and I had all these bumps and bends in it. I'd be in the bathroom a half hour trying to straighten it with all kinds of gels and stuff.

I really admire anyone who can spend like 5 minutes on their hair and go.

I section my hair and blow dry the sections smooth with a round brush. It usually takes about 15 minutes.

i wouldnt blow dry my hair if it was soaking wet, i just comb it as soon as i get out, put on serum then run around nd do other stuff for bout 20mins then when its slightly dry i start to blow dry by sections, takes but 30mins.

Originally Posted by Lil_Claude Wow, can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong or how to correctly blow dry my hair. My hair has ALWAYS since i was a teenager taken me at least an hour to dry. If i don't take and hour on it, it looks ugly. I have to part my hair in small sections all the time. HELP!!! Yeah - you defintely dont want to dry your hair from soaking wet to totally dry... it'll fry your hair. You should always just dry it about 80% first before styling it.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lil_Claude Wow, can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong or how to correctly blow dry my hair. My hair has ALWAYS since i was a teenager taken me at least an hour to dry. If i don't take and hour on it, it looks ugly. I have to part my hair in small sections all the time. HELP!!! This should helpWell it use to take me 1 h between blow dry and ironing too (shoulder length and thick curly hair and 70 % dry)

After I got this new brush and dryer is only 30 min Loving it !! Could do it every morning!! But that's too much for my hand.

Tsunami_logo.gif
Big Vent Brush

tsunami_side.jpg
tsunami.jpg

I just tried Paul Mitchel's Super Skinny Serum this morning, and besides claiming to straighten and smooth your hair, it also claims to reduce blow-drying time, and it actually did! I didn't time it, but I think I was able to get my hair dry (excluding curling the ends) in about half the time! I never knew there were products that could do that!

I've only been wearing it for a few hours so I haven't decided how well it works to keep my hair straight and frizz-free (I do feel some slight waves forming in the back!), but it might be something to look into just to cut blowdrying time! (A word of warning, it's a very concentrated product and if you use more than directed, it may weigh down your hair, especially if you have fine hair!)

Jennifer - do you ever straighten it with a curling iron? I bet if you used a really good straightener you would get those unruly waves and those ends stick straight. I have very unruly frizzy hair and I can get my hair stick straight. I am actually going to try Super Skinny Serum. Thanks for that tip.

Jen

Originally Posted by girl_geek I just tried Paul Mitchel's Super Skinny Serum this morning, and besides claiming to straighten and smooth your hair, it also claims to reduce blow-drying time, and it actually did! I didn't time it, but I think I was able to get my hair dry (excluding curling the ends) in about half the time! I never knew there were products that could do that!
I've only been wearing it for a few hours so I haven't decided how well it works to keep my hair straight and frizz-free (I do feel some slight waves forming in the back!), but it might be something to look into just to cut blowdrying time! (A word of warning, it's a very concentrated product and if you use more than directed, it may weigh down your hair, especially if you have fine hair!)

Originally Posted by suziqq322 Jennifer - do you ever straighten it with a curling iron? I bet if you used a really good straightener you would get those unruly waves and those ends stick straight. I have very unruly frizzy hair and I can get my hair stick straight. I am actually going to try Super Skinny Serum. Thanks for that tip.
Jen

I haven't tried using a flat iron or curling iron for several reasons:
1) I've heard it can damage your hair if you do it every day and my hair is too oily to NOT wash every day. I've seen so many girls with straightened hair that just looks dry and full of split ends, and I'd rather have wavy healthy hair than damaged straight hair!

2) I don't want to take the time to wash, dry, AND flat iron! lol

3) I'm afraid I'll accidently burn myself trying to reach the hair in the back! My hair's not long enough to pull around in front of my head and I'm not very coordinated, lol. Back in the 80's I burned myself enough just trying to get those poofy 80's bangs with a curling iron!

But right now though I am working on growing out my hair, so I'm hoping in a little while it will be long enough that it can just fall around my shoulders and it won't matter if the ends aren't all flipping in the same direction!

You Sould Always Wait At Least 15min Be4 You Blow It Out, It Takes More Time When You Do It Soaking Wet, And It Damages Your Hair Alot.i Have Curly Hair And I Wait 20 Min Then I Blow Dry It's So Much Faster And It Only Takes Me 15 Min To Have It Straight And I Have Thick Long Hair.

From what I've heard too is if you use an ionic dryer that is supposed to cut the drying time as well.

I leave my hair up for about half an hour to an hour in a towel before I blow dry, and if I don't take much care in straightening it, it takes me about 10 minutes. However, if I section it off and pull each section straight with my brush, it takes more like 20-25. So typically my hair is straight on top and not so straight underneath, because there is just NO WAY I'm spending 20-25 minutes on my hair everyday. I just don't care that much, LOL
tongue.gif

When I let mine air dry, and then straight iron it, it takes me 10 minutes if that! Usually when I wash the night before, or on a Saturday. Usually the only way you'll get it to stay straight with only blow drying, is when you go to the hair dresser...they have the magic fingers.

Originally Posted by Lil_Claude Hi, just wondering how long does it take you all to blow dry your hair. Let's say you just got out of the shower and you start to blow dry your hair almost immediately how long does it take you? I'm talking for your hair to be blowed dried straight not just dry. Hmmm...it takes me about 20 - 30 minutes. I have very long hair btw. : )

Originally Posted by **Jen** From what I've heard too is if you use an ionic dryer that is supposed to cut the drying time as well. It helps, but it's not magic.. lol (And neither are stylists!
tongue.gif
) The ionic dryers help cut down on frizz, but not by much - so it's not a miracle, but you should see some difference. The stylists can get your hair straightened nicely because it's a lot easier to work on someone else than to do it yourself!
wink.gif

it takes me around 20-30 mins if i'm not in a rush and prefer blowdrying it when it's 90% wet, i find that my hair gets damaged more if i leave it to dry up because my hair is very fine and prone to breakages!

Back