Blue is Back, Part I: Green-Blue Eye Shadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Blue makeup is back, and I'm not talking about subtle icy pastels or navys. I mean bold turquoise, ocean and sea-foam greeny-blue hues! If you think that you can't pull these off because of your eye color, think again! These new shades have no rules. Just remember a few helpful hints and you'll look fab this fall.
Choose shades that aren't too matchy with your eye color, and remember to blend well! Also, if you are going to wear bold, daring color on your eyes, then keep the rest of your makeup light.
DiorBlue.jpg

Dior Eye Show in Aquadelic ($30) is a creamy, soufflé-textured, waterproof eye shadow that puts other color pots to shame. You just need a super-small amount to make a big impression! These shadows used to be the secret of Dior makeup artists, but now they are available to the masses!

For two more green-blue eye shadows,
LancomeExcursion.jpg

Lancome Color Design Eye Shadow in Excursion ($15) is a highly pigmented greenish-blue shadow that glides on effortlessly and has incredible staying power thanks to its new Micro-Air technology.

GenieColore.jpg

Colorescience Genie Sparkle Eye Shadow in Sea Of Love ($17.50) is a marine blue shadow with a metallic sheen. This mineral shadow is great for your skin, and will put the perfect amount of twinkle in your eye. These shadows can be used wet or dry, and they contain SPF protection!

Source

very cute, it is all about blue eyeshadows this season! I wonder what color is gonna be hot next seasaon?!

blue is back? lol for me it's always in. and how funny, i was wearing blue e/s today(Kiddie Pool from UD). i so love blue. and don't talk about turquoise, i want all the e/s no matter the brand and even if i already have the shade.
vogel.gif

i'm with everyone on this one blue is "in" for me all year round!!! actually whatever my mood is and what i'm wearing i'm sooooo not into the "this seasons colors" hype.

Sigh....I love blue eyeshadow. Especially Benefit Snow Job, it's a Robins Egg Blue.

:-O I saw this and was like "It was out"? I have to be selective with my blue e/s colors tho :-(

thanx for posting.. i love love love blues... however w/ lite blue eyes i do find it hard to find shades that dont FIGHT w/ my eye color! but god li love turquoise!

Why do I keep reading the title as "Blue is BLACK"? LOL! I keep confusing myself.

I love blue/green eyeshadows, but I have trouble with it competing with my eyes like rlise.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why do I keep reading the title as "Blue is BLACK"? LOL! I keep confusing myself. I keep doing it too. Those colors are so gorgeous. I think I will be adding them to my collection.

ah i keep reading it like that too..anyways i love blue but only learnt how to use it a few yrs ago

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why do I keep reading the title as "Blue is BLACK"? LOL! I keep confusing myself.
I love blue/green eyeshadows, but I have trouble with it competing with my eyes like rlise.
frown.gif

i have the same problem, some shades of blue don't go that well wiht my brown eyes.

I have the same problem as Rlise, that I have to be careful about the kind of blue that I use, because some blues tend to compete with my natural color.

Latest posts

Back