Blush Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to invest on a very good blush brush but don't know in what!! I've tried once Stila's #8 powder brush and it's so so so soft, but also so expensive 50 euros!Also I've seen some Mac's like #116,#129,#136 and #150! But I've heard that Mac's are not so soft as Stila's!! What should I do?

i have both of mac's blush brushes and the 187 brush if you want to include that one as a blush brush. they're all nice. i like the 120something brush because it's the right size for my cheecks so the color will stay in that area and not be brushed to other areas of my cheeks
smile.gif

You mean the #129? Is it soft?

Originally Posted by Liz i have both of mac's blush brushes and the 187 brush if you want to include that one as a blush brush. they're all nice. i like the 120something brush because it's the right size for my cheecks so the color will stay in that area and not be brushed to other areas of my cheeks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia I want to invest on a very good blush brush but don't know in what!! I've tried once Stila's #8 powder brush and it's so so so soft, but also so expensive 50 euros!Also I've seen some Mac's like #116,#129,#136 and #150! But I've heard that Mac's are not so soft as Stila's!! What should I do? Just wanted to say - great question Sophia!I really need a blush brush and i'm intrigued to see what everyone says too.

Thanks Bhav I think is the eternal question for every girl!!

Originally Posted by Bhav Just wanted to say - great question Sophia!I really need a blush brush and i'm intrigued to see what everyone says too.

Originally Posted by Sophia I want to invest on a very good blush brush but don't know in what!! I've tried once Stila's #8 powder brush and it's so so so soft, but also so expensive 50 euros!Also I've seen some Mac's like #116,#129,#136 and #150! But I've heard that Mac's are not so soft as Stila's!! What should I do? MAC brushes are fantastic! (I use 129, 168, and 116 for blush)
Another brand you should take a look at is Chanel: I like "Le Pinceau Joues" for regular blush application, and "Le Pinceau Contour" as an angled blush brush. The bristles are incredibly soft and they wash really well.

I haven't invested in any Stila brushes so I'm not sure about those... hope you find the right brush!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia You mean the #129? Is it soft? yeah, the 129
smile.gif
to me it's soft. i don't have any stila blushes to compare the softness though

Thanks ikebana!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by ikebana MAC brushes are fantastic! (I use 129, 168, and 116 for blush)
Another brand you should take a look at is Chanel: I like "Le Pinceau Joues" for regular blush application, and "Le Pinceau Contour" as an angled blush brush. The bristles are incredibly soft and they wash really well.

I haven't invested in any Stila brushes so I'm not sure about those... hope you find the right brush!
smile.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Liz,you have to try Stila's #8 brush it's soft like a
icon_cheesygrin.gif
feather!

Originally Posted by Liz yeah, the 129
smile.gif
to me it's soft. i don't have any stila blushes to compare the softness though

Thanks Trisha.Yes this brush has exactly the same price with #8 Powder blush,50 euros!What do you think is better #24 or #8?

Originally Posted by Trisha When i only had MAC brushes, i thought they were soft but wheni started getting brushes from other brands i realised they are not that soft x
Sophia my fave is Stila #24, buts it gona be pricey, however its double ended and the smaller side is great for applying highlighter at the top of the cheekbones

st_S0AJ_200.jpg

#24 double sided illuminating powder brush

stila's double ended powder brush is designed flat to gently lay powder onto the surface of the skin. The tip is angled to easily set under eye concealer. Powder your T-zone with the fuller end of the brush. The smaller side is designed flat and short to pick up and place shimmer enhanced pressed powder on areas of the face to highlight, such as bridge of nose, cheeks and forehead.

its says it for powder but all stila staff tend to use it for blush also x

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Trisha!I wil buy it when I have the money!!

Originally Posted by Trisha i love them both, but if you are on a budget, than go with #24 as its double ended and more versatile! its defintely worth the money tho x

Had anyone already tried blushes from the body shop`?? They are very soft and not too expensive. The only thing that makes me pondering is that they consist of synthetic hair as they are against animmal products! Have you collect any experience with that kind of brushes???

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Had anyone already tried blushes from the body shop`?? They are very soft and not too expensive. The only thing that makes me pondering is that they consist of synthetic hair as they are against animmal products! Have you collect any experience with that kind of brushes??? Hmm... I haven't tried Body Shop brushes, but in the past I've found that brushes with synthetic hair don't wash as well, and become brittle with constant use. Once I started using brushes with real hair, I've never looked back
icon_lol.gif
!!

Sounds not so good on synthetic hair! The seller at body shop said that there would be no problems with washing! But i knew that they are not always saying the truth!!!!

I guess I will buy the Mac 116 for Blush at first. I guess that would be a good investment!

Sabrina now I use Body Shop's powder brush,I have it 1 year and I don't like it!After a few washes it became too harsh,and the hairs keep falling,that's I want to change it!

How much does the Stila brush retail for here?

It looks more versatile than the MAC one.

Originally Posted by Trisha #8 powder brush is £32 and #24 is £46, its so soft tho Bhav, have a look next time you are at Stila! X
icon_eek.gif
£46!!
But i'll have a look next time.

Thanks!

Paula Dorf has nice brushes and these are available at Sephora. Sephora also has their own store brand I believe that are a little more affordable. I'll tell you which blush brush NOT to buy and that's the Sonja Kushak brand from Target (did I spell that correctly?!)

Originally Posted by Sophia I want to invest on a very good blush brush but don't know in what!! I've tried once Stila's #8 powder brush and it's so so so soft, but also so expensive 50 euros!Also I've seen some Mac's like #116,#129,#136 and #150! But I've heard that Mac's are not so soft as Stila's!! What should I do?

Originally Posted by Trisha plus you must remember #24 is a double ended brush x that's true...!

Hi girls!

You really preserve me for a big mistake! I was nearly sure to get a full sortiment of Body Shop brushes but now I am sure that I won´t! ! !

Honestly it would be to expensive for me to get a whole set of Mac Brushes at once. But I think I will start with a blush brush and then every month a new one! Can´t await to earn a bigger wage in 1 1/2 year! Yippeaaaah! Then I will blank the Mac counters !!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back