Blush help please...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
During my vacation, some of my mu stash got adopted by my sis... which is fine with me cause I love to help her out with mu. I don't have any blush left!!!... I used to use Chanel but want to try others too
icon_rolleyes.gif
What brands would you recommend that will not have powdery look but still will be powder blush? Thanks ladies. xx

I have NARS Orgasm and that isn't too powdery when you put it on. I need to get some more NARS blushers, they always seem to go to the bottom of my wish list because I love e/s and l/g more.

A lot of the other girls rave about NARS too.

Nilufer, I have NARS Torrid and I love, love it. It is a peachy color. I have a few MAC blushes as well. If I had a NARS counter here, I'd definitely have lots more of their colors.

I'll give you a list of some MAC and Chanel blushes that could work for you:

If you like pinks,

MAC Pinch Me

MAC Coygirl

MAC Dollymix (don't be intimidated by its color in the case... it goes on sheer and adds a nice shimmery sheen).

Chanel Irreele Blush in Be Bop

If you want more peachy colors,

MAC Peechykeen

MAC Cheek

MAC Peaches

Chanel Irreele Blush in Incognito

Chanel Irreele Blush in Tea Rose (Lovely shade
icon_biggrin.gif
)

NARS in Orgasm! I just got it and I absolutely love it. I don't like thae packaging because it gets dirty really quick especially in my MU bag. But I love love love it.!!!!!! Good luck
claps.gif

Ikebana I've seen once at a Mac counter Peaches and Gingerly,and I really liked them!Peaches seem to have a little pink in it and Gingerly more brown.I didn't have the chance to try it on cheeks,and I want to ask you which one looks better on a NC20(that's my skintone in winter).

Originally Posted by ikebana I'll give you a list of some MAC and Chanel blushes that could work for you:

If you like pinks,

MAC Pinch Me

MAC Coygirl

MAC Dollymix (don't be intimidated by its color in the case... it goes on sheer and adds a nice shimmery sheen).

Chanel Irreele Blush in Be Bop

If you want more peachy colors,

MAC Peechykeen

MAC Cheek

MAC Peaches

Chanel Irreele Blush in Incognito

Chanel Irreele Blush in Tea Rose (Lovely shade
icon_biggrin.gif
)

Originally Posted by Sophia Ikebana I've seen once at a Mac counter Peaches and Gingerly,and I really liked them!Peaches seem to have a little pink in it and Gingerly more brown.I didn't have the chance to try it on cheeks,and I want to ask you which one looks better on a NC20(that's my skintone in winter). Sophia, Peaches is a nice neutral tone for everyday, but I think Gingerly would work well for you in the wintertime to warm up your skintone and give you an equal parts bronze and pink-ish look on your cheeks (its a sheertone).
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks xxx

Originally Posted by ikebana Sophia, Peaches is a nice neutral tone for everyday, but I think Gingerly would work well for you in the wintertime to warm up your skintone and give you an equal parts bronze and pink-ish look on your cheeks (its a sheertone).
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks Ladies
smile.gif
I knew Nars would be in my list
rolleyes.gif
I do love Nars but one time I had a reaction and I got scared. It could have been for something else so I will give Nars another try
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'll check out the Mac and Stila blushes to meanwhile! Thanks again ladies, you all are awesome :icon_love xxx

NARS blushes are great, my faves being Torrid, Orgasm, and Crazed!!
smile.gif
I also like MAC's Sheertone and Sheertone Shimmer lines!

i'm also a big nars blush fan....orgasm and torrid are my favorites. i've just sort of stuck to nars...they have really nice blushes, and i like the packaging myself. try nars!

I am definitely trying Nars
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I will try Mac blushes too. Thanks Jessica and Erica
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by jessica9 i'm also a big nars blush fan....orgasm and torrid are my favorites. i've just sort of stuck to nars...they have really nice blushes, and i like the packaging myself. try nars!

I got rid of a lot of my blushes cuz I really only use Chanel, Nars, and Shu...there are a few others I still have but those are the best powder ones IMO.

Thanks envymi. I am getting so excited about Nars because of all the recommendations
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by envymi I got rid of a lot of my blushes cuz I really only use Chanel, Nars, and Shu...there are a few others I still have but those are the best powder ones IMO.

Heck No!!! If you don't need it why spend the money on it
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I just look like a gost without a blush so I need it. I tanned a lot while I was on vacation from swimming and tanning at the beach so I don't need it right away but I know in a month or so I'll start looking as white as I can be
icon_rolleyes.gif
so I need to prepare my budget for it...

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl *whispers* I've never worn blush. Does that make me a bad MU lover?

Originally Posted by lilla I am getting so excited about Nars because of all the recommendations
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I think you use the same Chantecaille real skin as me, so I'd recommend Mata Hari the one I've just bought. It's a matt rose pink, at the moment I prefer matt for blusher because I can layer shimmer powder over it to get that effect. I also like Orgasm, but I need to be careful with it as it's very pigmented and needs a light application but I think it should still be able to work for you. I'd also like to get deepthroat with kind of a lighter version of orgasm with less pink in it. I haven't tried some of the other ones recommened by the girls, but I have tried Sin and no matter how I apllied it it always looked a bit wrong, sometimes I even looked bruised so if I were you I'd give that one a miss.

Thanks Lea. It's too bad Sin didn't work for you. I have a friend who wanted to use Sin and it did the same bruising effect on her. As long as I used just a lil touch, it was fine for me. That was my only Nars blush but gave it away thinking it broke me out. I am going to try Nars again just to make sure. It might have been from a new fdtn trial that I broke out
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I think you use the same Chantecaille real skin as me, so I'd recommend Mata Hari the one I've just bought. It's a matt rose pink, at the moment I prefer matt for blusher because I can layer shimmer powder over it to get that effect. I also like Orgasm, but I need to be careful with it as it's very pigmented and needs a light application but I think it should still be able to work for you. I'd also like to get deepthroat with kind of a lighter version of orgasm with less pink in it. I haven't tried some of the other ones recommened by the girls, but I have tried Sin and no matter how I apllied it it always looked a bit wrong, sometimes I even looked bruised so if I were you I'd give that one a miss.

Latest posts

Back