Blush shows it all

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have always thot blush is the key to show ppl ur made up as if one puts on too little its not seen but too much its like showing the whole world ones madeup.

with mineral makeup i would think its less noticeable but i m not sure?

what do you guys think ?

I have not worn much mineral blush...but I do have one or two shades in it and it seems to be as easy to "overdo" it with mineral as well as regular blush. I have done it!!! Now, I really make a special effort to put on just enough to give me a healthy glow!
wink.gif

its really hard to get it right . i can see ppl in winter like reallly cold and have obvious blush put on their face and i feel weird seeing that . coz i think blush isnt a must. whats important is to look good in mu which is the reason u use it ...

I do not like blush and never used it. I look funny with a blush, only sometimes I use bronzer for a healthier look. Bronzer is much easier to apply then blush.

I have few blush samples which I got as a present from Meow and AN, but to tell the truth I doubt if I ever use it.

I use mineral blush, but in the beginning I was too heavy handed. It takes just a small amount and I have to really buff, buff, buff. But now I think I get the right amount and it looks fairly natural. I have a very tan complexion and it still only takes a small amount for me.

I use a primer and I buff the crap out of the mineral. I haven't had a problem but I have never used any of my MMU without a primer.

I've found mineral blushes much more difficult than regular blushes to get right. I looked for the most sheer one I could find and just layer it up carefully.

I always try to find the ones that are closest to my natural skin tone and then I've finally mastered the technique of getting rid of the excess on the brush before I apply.

I love the Jane Iredale face bronzer looks natural (better be good for $40 something bucks)

I use blushes.
smile.gif
You just have to start small and with just a sheer covering, and then just layer it.

Your right Savvy. Although I have just one mineral blush and possibly the sheerest pink) I put a little more on when Im not satified and its just goes overboard all of a sudden! Wth? So I sit there with patches of pink the sides of my face trying to get it off lol. What is it about mineral blushes that do that?

i used to feel the same way until i realized that in general only girls notice these things and guys really don't... it takes a lot of makeup for many guys to realize a girl has makeup on... alot of them really think all those models and actresses wake up looking like they do!

Originally Posted by korina981 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i used to feel the same way until i realized that in general only girls notice these things and guys really don't... it takes a lot of makeup for many guys to realize a girl has makeup on... alot of them really think all those models and actresses wake up looking like they do! are u serious????? well guys are pretty blind then?

I always use blush - I feel naked without it. In order to control the minerals I started to use a kabuki bush! Believe it or not, saturating the kabuki with the minerals and then applying it lightly to my face doesn't leave the "skid" (
rotfl.gif
) marks like the small blush brushes do. I'm talking about those small brushes which come with the traditional blush compacts. I never liked them for the reason that they put too much color along the side of your face. I always had to blend it with my fingers. Of course, I designate a kabuki for each blush color, otherwise, you'll get a mixture of shades - something you may not want to have happen. If you still get too much color, you can always tone it down with a light layer of serecite or finishing silk - that will even everything out.

CooCoo
sheep.gif

How about Alima's Matte Blushers? Tulip and Apple Blossom are great, light blush colours that look very natural on.

Originally Posted by korina981 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i used to feel the same way until i realized that in general only girls notice these things and guys really don't... it takes a lot of makeup for many guys to realize a girl has makeup on... alot of them really think all those models and actresses wake up looking like they do! I agree. My fiance doesn't even notice when I wear eyeliner, it's like he honestly thinks it is natural, haha.
Anyway, blush...I never do mineral blush. You just need to get a sheer color and layer it so it won't look obvious.

Maybe something like Benetint is better for the people who can't apply blush?

I love blush- I think the key is color and application. If you get the wrong color- it will never look right. I have yellow undertones so I look for mauve/purple toned blushes because they go on a real blush color rather than orange or brick red. I also use this application technique. NEVER dip into a blush. I turn my jar upside down to get some on the lid and then tap onto the counter so there is literally a dusting of MMU in the lid. Swirl, tap off excess and then lightly SWEEP onto face from apples of cheek in a comma shape towards hair/ear. Without blush I feel like the undead.

Originally Posted by Hoozey /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love blush- I think the key is color and application. If you get the wrong color- it will never look right. I have yellow undertones so I look for mauve/purple toned blushes because they go on a real blush color rather than orange or brick red. I also use this application technique. NEVER dip into a blush. I turn my jar upside down to get some on the lid and then tap onto the counter so there is literally a dusting of MMU in the lid. Swirl, tap off excess and then lightly SWEEP onto face from apples of cheek in a comma shape towards hair/ear. Without blush I feel like the undead. I agree with you Hoozey, I've got to have my blush. So far, I've made three colors and I like all three of them. One is on the red side, one is toned down a lot and the other is a mauve color. It depends on what shadows I'm wearing as to which blush I use.

I agree with the both of you Chickie and Hoozey. I feel like I'm much too drab and sickly looking without blush. And I too match the shades (mauve, dark pink, plum, etc.) according to whichever eyeshadow scheme I'm wearing. Maybe it's because my skin is naturally rosy to begin with and I'm always battling to tone it down anyway. Then when I take away all of the rosiness, it doesn't look natural, so I end up putting on blush. It's more of a controlled look though and it's a good thing that I downplay the ruddiness. I feel like my makeup isn't quite right if I don't put on blush - it sort of offsets the balance for me. Kudos to those of you who can pull it off - I really envy you. Same for wearing lipstick/lip gloss -- I just don't feel dressed unless I'm wearing that too. It doesn't have to be dark or anything, but I just feel incomplete without it.

CooCoo

Latest posts

Back