Bobbi brown products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone here a bobbie brown fan? I just started getting interested in her products. I ordered a tinted moisturizer after hearing about it in magazines and also after getting a sample. Any other products from this line i should consider trying? or perhaps not trying? I have to ask, how is the foundation? is it made for someone with really sensitive skin.

Not a huge BB fan but I love the shimmerwash e/s and the gel liners..I really liked the eye pearls too but I think they've been discontinued(similar to MAC pigments)

Originally Posted by maiho Anyone here a bobbie brown fan? I just started getting interested in her products. I ordered a tinted moisturizer after hearing about it in magazines and also after getting a sample. Any other products from this line i should consider trying? or perhaps not trying? I have to ask, how is the foundation? is it made for someone with really sensitive skin.

I have a BB sample of her foundation. I think it rocks. It blends in like a tinted moisturizer, but covers well. Makes skin look very even and natural. She has her own web site. It isn't very extensive, but it has some tips on it. I do not like to order makeup that I haven't seen because it seems the colors are different online then they are in person. I am also interested in Bobbi products. I have heard a lot of good things about them. Let me know what you find out. I have a gift certificate and I'm thinking about what to use it on.

I used to be a traveling regional makeup artist for Bobbi Brown (hey, hey...I know....probably driving you guys crazy with my makeup artist stories....oh well). I liked her foundation sticks. I wasn't totally happy with the liquids, which really surprised me because liquid foundations are usually my favorite. I like how non-greasy they were, and easy to work with. So if you are in a hurry and don't have a lot of time for makeup then this is great. All you need to do is throw it in your purse and draw it on in the mirror at work. Her powder eyeshadows are also crease proof, so you don't have to use an eyeshadow base. Ok....that's all. You can get the same "style" of makeup at Target with the Sonia Kusch makeup line. A lot of her colors are very simular to Bobbi Brown....but cheaper. LOVE her blushes. i hope that helps. Candace Corey Makeup & Hair Artist www.candacecorey.com

Hi Candace, Your feedback is REALLY helpful. I hope you post more. It's great to have you here. If you had a gift certificate for sephora.com, what would you get??? Any ideas? What are some great basics that each person should have and who makes them the best? - calif.

Originally Posted by Californian Hi Candace,
Your feedback is REALLY helpful. I hope you post more. It's great to have you here. If you had a gift certificate for sephora.com, what would you get??? Any ideas? What are some great basics that each person should have and who makes them the best?

- calif.

hmmmm.....That is a hard question...you are talking to a makeup junky so Sephora is like CRACK to me. LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'll have to think about that one and get back to you.

Do you mean for someone that is starting to put on makeup?....the total basics?

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair Artist

www.candacecorey.com

I love Stila Convertible color blushes. They are very natural non-greasy cream blushes. Wonderful. Revlon's colorstay foundation is fantastic. I use it regularly when I have to do makeup by the ocean....all of the salty water gets in the air and breaks foundations down. As I said before I like Bobbi Brown's stick foundations, but for a photoshoot that lasts a long time I prefer RCMA or Ben Nye or Iman....they last longer on the skin (IMAO). Mascara...I love Lancome Definicils because they look natural on the lashes but crisper....if you know what I mean. lip gloss....lipglass by MAC, or Trucco's lipgloss (don't remember the name) for those allergic to MAC's gloss. Lippencils.....le lipstick lip pencils by Lancome in Bronzelle and Fraichelle. Those are the most natural lip colors and can go under any lipstick...and are waterproof. Browpencil favs?...hmmm....Revlon has a vast amount of colors from honey blond to auburn (which is hard to find for some reason). eyeshadow base?....Elizabeth Arden has the best one becaue it is colorless. So no matter what your skin tone is, it works great. They also have great lipbase that keeps lipstick from fethering. For carrying makeup, I have a fondness for Trish McIvoy's "pages". You can put any makeup pan in it and it will fit in a little case and you can turn it like a page. If you want to put things in it that aren't hers....here is the trick. Put your oven at 350 degrees (preheat it). Put your POWDER eyeshadows or blushes in it for 2-3 minutes and it will loosen the glue so it can some out. Please let it dry AFTER you get it out of it's package and then you can put it in one of Trish's pages and make your own custom designed makeup kit for the day. Ok...I'm done. Candace Corey Makeup & Hair Artist www.candacecorey.com

Hmmm... I am looking at a few things... I'll post them and maybe I can get some feedback on your opinions. I have foundation and basics... I guess I am looking for something that is not trendy, but very useful. Something that looks fresh and healthy. To me, that is basic. Here goes my list of potentials... feedback please: 1. http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ABXCQ?id=P2855 2.http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...dPaginate=true 3. http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...dPaginate=true 4. http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...dPaginate=true 5. http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...dPaginate=true 6. http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...dPaginate=true

Thank you Candace so much for your tips! It's so great to get some insight from a makeup artist.

What are you trying to do to me girl! LOL.....This is a hard chose because you are giving me a million colors to choose from with no touch or texture to play with, and without you in front of me to ask you more personal questions to get into your style. When I am working on models, I don't ask them their style....I do what I want to make the shot work. I need to be next to you, or at least talk to you verbally to understand YOU before I can truly pick for you. So the best that I can tell you with the information that you have given me is.....for pinks you can try Mata Hari or Orgasm from Nars for blush. For eyeshadows, those pastel shades of Shu Uemura are going to look fine it you put it on like a wash of color....if you are as dark as you look in the picture you will probably like the Iced Lime or Lolly Cherry for a fun trendy colors that are still wearable. For Tina & Tony try the Romante & Happy set....it looks like anyone can wear them. For the lip glosses....you are going to have to just pick colors. You wore me out...I have to take a nap now. *whew!* Candace Corey Makeup & Hair www.candacecorey.com

Latest posts

Back