Body Make up!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help!

I've been booked to do a wedding this saturday. I had my consultation with her today and she tells me she wants a tattoo covered.
icon_neutral.gif
I don't know what kind of body make up to use.

Could someone help?! I was told to use Dermablend? Is that any good.

Hey!

Yep, Dermablend is about the best you'll find to cover tattoos.

Dermablend was originally manufactured for burn victims and people with large birthmarks on their face. That stuff will cover anything!

btw, where is the tattoo?

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki Help!
I've been booked to do a wedding this saturday. I had my consultation with her today and she tells me she wants a tattoo covered.
icon_neutral.gif
I don't know what kind of body make up to use.

Could someone help?! I was told to use Dermablend? Is that any good.

There are several things you can use: Dermablend, as mentioned already, is great. Dermacolor which is simular to Dermablend. Makeup Forever has Face and Body makeup that is waterproof. If she is getting a tan or just wants to make her skin look great you can also use Sally Hansen's spray on "Airbrush Legs". It is great on other parts of the body too. Since you are covering a tatoo use the lightest one first and then top it with the shade that matches closer to her skin. Layer is until it is covered. Let it set and it shouldn't rub off. Make sure you use it AWAY from her dress and let it totally dry before she puts her dress on too. You can do a touch test by rubbing a white tissue across it to see if it is alright to put her dress on. Candace Corey Makeup & Hair www.candacecorey.com

Yeah - I would definitly go with the Dermablend... I used to have all these red marks on my face from acne when I was younger, and it is AMAZING! It's waterproof and stays on all day. I know someone that actually used it to cover tattoos (on her upper arm & one on her chest) for wedding also. You couldn't even tell in her pictures that she had them! Just warn her that it may get on the dress if the tattoo is near it... it tends to rub onto things... It won't come off or fade on her skin, but it has a tendency to be a pain to get out of clothes.

All of the ones that I mentioned are waterproof. I am not sure about the Sally Hansen product being waterproof, but I do know that I used it all over someone's body for a swimsuit shoot and it didn't get all over the suit...but I didn't have to wet her down either. BUT I know Dermablend, Dermacolor, and Makeup Forever's Face & Body are all waterproof. The only problem that I have with Dermablend and Dermacolor (which are the same thing in my book) is that it has a flat undertone so on darker richer complexions it can look a little flat. Candace Corey Makeup & Hair www.candacecorey.com

I definitely suggest that you do a trail run with the tatoo makeup for her BEFORE the wedding. So she can see if anything will rub off on anything. I don't suggest that she wear her dress for the trail, but at least wear something white so she can get a realistic view of what is going to happen on her big day. Just my 2 cents. Candace Corey Makeup & Hair www.candacecorey.com

Wow.. thanks guys..

She is a lady of color (African American) but is very light. The tattoo is on her back, near the top left shoulder. She said she would like it to be covered but it's not a big deal. I am gonna try Dermablend.

Thanks so much.

icon_biggrin.gif

P.S.

Should I keep something this in my kit?

I still would do a trail run. It is up to you. As was mentioned before, Dermablend is had to get out of fabric because of it's setting agent. Unlike most creams, it is kind of dry, so it can be easy to put too much on, so take your time and use a little bit on at a time. The powder is going to set it and make it waterproof. Should you keep it in your kit? Since this is the first that you have ever needed this, start with it and if you find that you need more, just go from there. No need to get tons of something that you are not really going to use all the time. Candace Corey Makeup & Hair www.candacecorey.com

There is a company (possibly dermablend) who have a tester pallete you can purchase to find the color that suits you.

Thanks guys. I got the dermablend but it was too dark for her skin. She was fine though. I did a such a wonderful job on her make up that she gave me a huge tip and one of the bridesmaids is booking me for her wedding in November. Thanks again.

Yeah!! I'm happy for you and hope that you'll get even more referrals from the bridesmaid.

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki Thanks guys. I got the dermablend but it was too dark for her skin. She was fine though. I did a such a wonderful job on her make up that she gave me a huge tip and one of the bridesmaids is booking me for her wedding in November.
Thanks again.

Congrats!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

im so glad it worked out.
smile.gif
this is the first ive seen of this thread (i was borwsing newest posts) and i was about to chime in that dermablend doesnt work to cover my tattoos.

im supposed to cover the visible ones for work, but i dont usually. im a mac c3 (yellow) and there is a shade that kind of matches my skin tone. i dont find that i can ever build up enough coverage to completely cover it. its yellow, orange and red flames with a black outline and some heavy black lettering. also, it doesnt stay put, even with the setting powder. ive tried other powders over it, and none truly set it.

ive had better luck (and heavier coverage!) with paulas choice paulas select conealer. i find that it almost completely conceals the black portions, and totally coneals the rest.

Latest posts

Back