book of the month?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm curious of how many big readers we have on this board. It could be fun to have a MUT book club -- pick a book to read (doesn't need to be beauty related) and then chat about it at the end of the month. Any interest or thoughts?

That sounds great! It'll be a way for me to break from my usual mystery/suspense stuff & try new authors.

I am up for it. With school coming to an end, I will be able to actually enjoy reading again.

Sounds good to me! I need to blow the dust off my library card!
wink.gif

Oh I don't read!!! Only techie/geeky magazines and the internet....

guilty as charged.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

I'm curious of how many big readers we have on this board. It could be fun to have a MUT book club -- pick a book to read (doesn't need to be beauty related) and then chat about it at the end of the month. Any interest or thoughts?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh I don't read!!! Only techie/geeky magazines and the internet....
guilty as charged.

Well then we'll have to do a "PC Monthly" theme for you
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) damn your fast Janelle, I just hit submit
wink.gif
"Fast fingers McGee" - here to please ! LOL
wink.gif

Book of the month sounds good, I read every night(I'm an imsomniac) Sometimes I read whole books in a night. I tend to stick to books about demented human psyche or really depressing true stories, so other types of books would be fun.

Originally Posted by envymi Book of the month sounds good, I read every night(I'm an imsomniac) Sometimes I read whole books in a night. I tend to stick to books about demented human psyche or really depressing true stories, so other types of books would be fun. Wow ! A whole book in one night!?!? Damn girl! You must be TIRED! LOL
wink.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Book of the month sounds good, I read every night(I'm an imsomniac) Sometimes I read whole books in a night. I tend to stick to books about demented human psyche or really depressing true stories, so other types of books would be fun. Give us some recommendations. I am up for anything!

Oooh, cool, I'm glad y'all are up for this! Why don't we all throw some suggestions around? I'm going to look for some good books that we can check out from the library.

When I was in high school I averaged a book a week (or two weeks for a 1000-page Tom Clancy
wink.gif
) but now all I have time to read are my textbooks.
frown.gif
I won't even have time this summer since i will be taking a class and teaching a class (I actually get to teach the lecture this summer, instead of just recitations and labs, woohoo!)... maybe after I graduate I can actually read again!

Hmmmm, so what's up with the book of the month. It's a new month and I'm looking forward to reading books I wouldn't normally go for. I think my dementia needs a break

Originally Posted by envymi Hmmmm, so what's up with the book of the month. It's a new month and I'm looking forward to reading books I wouldn't normally go for. I think my dementia needs a break Yup... I am interested in it too!

Same here. I think we're just waiting for suggestions on what to read. I've only got mystery novels on my shelf so I can't recommend anything new.

How about I hit the bookstore/library tomorrow & post a new thread about what I find. We'll meet back around the 20th or 25th to get a discussion going. I think that's ample time for everyone to read w/everything that's going on outside of MuT. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by keaLoha Same here. I think we're just waiting for suggestions on what to read. I've only got mystery novels on my shelf so I can't recommend anything new.
How about I hit the bookstore/library tomorrow & post a new thread about what I find. We'll meet back around the 20th or 25th to get a discussion going. I think that's ample time for everyone to read w/everything that's going on outside of MuT. What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me.

Latest posts

Back