boys...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There really should be a forum devoted to guys, but for now, I'll post this here.

So I went out on a date with this guy last weekend. We had met briefly the weekend before and during the week, we emailed back and forth a few times and then went out on Saturday.

It was a decent first date, no huge sparks or anything, but I'd like to hang out with him again just because he's a nice guy and I'd like to see where it goes.

So I sent a quick message Sunday thanking him for lunch and he wrote back and that's about it as far as contact goes.

I guess I'm wondering if I should maybe call him and see if he wants to hang out this weekend or wait to see if he calls me or what? ARGH! I got out of a 3 year relationship a few months ago and since then have been more into some random fun. I don't think I remember how to date! Any advice?

does he seem as friendly (not sure if that's the word) as he did before your date? he might've thought the date was decent like you thought.

Originally Posted by charms23 Ok, when you say you sent him a quick message, what was it? A text, or an email, or a voicemail? Personally, I think he should've been the one to thank you for lunch. But anyway, I think you should probably wait a couple of days to see if he contacts you again. If he doesn't, decide if he is worth it, then call him (or not) depending on your decision. If you contact him again, remember that he is gonna be thinking that you want him more than he wants you because you contacted him first.
In any case, good luck and HTH!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Lol yeah well he thanked me back! I dunno, I just sent an email saying thank you since he paid.Yeah I don't wanna seem needy/desperate because I'm not! But at the same time, I don't want him to think I'm not interested! I guess maybe I'll wait a couple more days and then see what I think about it.

Originally Posted by charms23 Personally, I think he should've been the one to thank you for lunch. i think she was fine thanking him. i always thank the guy.

If you want to call him, call him! It's been a few days anyway so I don't think you would seem desperate.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 There really should be a forum devoted to guys, but for now, I'll post this here.So I went out on a date with this guy last weekend. We had met briefly the weekend before and during the week, we emailed back and forth a few times and then went out on Saturday.

It was a decent first date, no huge sparks or anything, but I'd like to hang out with him again just because he's a nice guy and I'd like to see where it goes.

So I sent a quick message Sunday thanking him for lunch and he wrote back and that's about it as far as contact goes.

I guess I'm wondering if I should maybe call him and see if he wants to hang out this weekend or wait to see if he calls me or what? ARGH! I got out of a 3 year relationship a few months ago and since then have been more into some random fun. I don't think I remember how to date! Any advice?

Originally Posted by wongy74 If you want to call him, call him! It's been a few days anyway so I don't think you would seem desperate.
icon_biggrin.gif
Yep! Besides, if he honestly wants to see you again, he'll be happy to hear from you. If he doesn't, well, then you know you can move on to another potential hunk
wink.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 If you want to call him, call him! It's been a few days anyway so I don't think you would seem desperate.
icon_biggrin.gif
I agree! I don't like to play into whole "game" of dating. If you want to chat, give him a call! Now if you're ALWAYS the one calling, you might want to re-think some things, but I think at this stage, just keep the lines of communication open.
Let us know what happens!

thank god i'm in a relationship. i would hate to have to do the whole dating thing again
frown.gif

*arggg*the dating game. I hate the time after a first date. all that

will he call?

should I call?

what am I gonna say?

I´d say just give him a call. screw the "rules"..I wouldn´t care if I sound needy or desperate. and nobody would think you´re desperate if you wait to call him for a few days. but ok, if I was in that position I´d be the same & constantly worrying
icon_cheesygrin.gif

tell us how it worked out. I´m single,mad at all men and still not dating anyone new. there are no hot guys out there *lol* so I´m CURIOUS about other people´s love lives
tongue.gif

I have been married for over 14 years. I forgot how to date! I don't even know what he means by his email.... I think you should give him a call and see if he wants to see you this weekend. He might let you know if he is interested or not also. Give it a shot
smile.gif

Yeah, why not - give him a call, the weekend is coming up~ break the ice, maybe he's on the shy side...see how it goes from there - then you can make your decision
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back