Braces from the black lagoon...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone get braces later in life? Got flack as a kid in school as the one who didn't need them, didn't wear glasses or get zits...now the braces, soon the glasses (maybe) & God preserve me from pimples...if I'd known what a pain in the gum this would be, I'd have thought twice about it...I've become the super floss/super pick queen...totally ridiculous, between losing bits & pieces of edibles through the brackets, flying flotsam & jetsam, straws to minimize the sensation of lips out to there & general frustration over metallic abrasion (you'd think exterior exfoliation would have transferred sensation to interior parts...), I've been grumpy for a few months...the good thing? I have easter colored rubberbands & it hasn't deterred the wild monkey dance. Fortunately.

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Anyone get braces later in life? Got flack as a kid in school as the one who didn't need them, didn't wear glasses or get zits...now the braces, soon the glasses (maybe) & God preserve me from pimples...if I'd known what a pain in the gum this would be, I'd have thought twice about it...I've become the super floss/super pick queen...totally ridiculous, between losing bits & pieces of edibles through the brackets, flying flotsam & jetsam, straws to minimize the sensation of lips out to there & general frustration over metallic abrasion (you'd think exterior exfoliation would have transferred sensation to interior parts...), I've been grumpy for a few months...the good thing? I have easter colored rubberbands & it hasn't deterred the wild monkey dance. Fortunately. Shudder - I wish I'd had them when I was a kid. I'm going to have to have them soon.

I had braces for 2 years when I was 16-18. Yep they were quite the hassle with food getting in between them and all. The best thing is just to brush and floss always after you eat. GOod luck

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH

Anyone get braces later in life? Got flack as a kid in school as the one who didn't need them, didn't wear glasses or get zits...now the braces, soon the glasses (maybe) & God preserve me from pimples...if I'd known what a pain in the gum this would be, I'd have thought twice about it...I've become the super floss/super pick queen...totally ridiculous, between losing bits & pieces of edibles through the brackets, flying flotsam & jetsam, straws to minimize the sensation of lips out to there & general frustration over metallic abrasion (you'd think exterior exfoliation would have transferred sensation to interior parts...), I've been grumpy for a few months...the good thing? I have easter colored rubberbands & it hasn't deterred the wild monkey dance. Fortunately.

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Anyone get braces later in life? Got flack as a kid in school as the one who didn't need them, didn't wear glasses or get zits...now the braces, soon the glasses (maybe) & God preserve me from pimples...if I'd known what a pain in the gum this would be, I'd have thought twice about it...I've become the super floss/super pick queen...totally ridiculous, between losing bits & pieces of edibles through the brackets, flying flotsam & jetsam, straws to minimize the sensation of lips out to there & general frustration over metallic abrasion (you'd think exterior exfoliation would have transferred sensation to interior parts...), I've been grumpy for a few months...the good thing? I have easter colored rubberbands & it hasn't deterred the wild monkey dance. Fortunately.
ccembarassanimal.jpg

I feel for you. My "step-monster" wore clear braces at age 45 and she said they are a pain. Keep in mind that when they come off, your smile is kick-buns beautiful. Her teeth look great and she's glad that she did it.

Hang in there. I hope you find some great lip balm and always, always try to find the bright side. When that doesn't work, get one of those punching bags for kids in the shape of a clown. You know, those ones with sand in the bottom that come right back up after you hit the *#())#)@**@_!! out of them.

Bestest wishes and tooth fairy prayers coming your way! (the tooth fairy owes you BIG TIME for this one!!)

P.S. I have to have my wisdom teeth out and they have to saw through the bone and poke holes in the sinus cavities to get them. That should be fun too! Where's that sand punching bag?

I had braces as an adult and yes they were quite uncomfortable in the beginning but then I got used to them. I can remember the pain but it was all worth it. You will be very happy when it's all done.

Latest posts

Back