Brand craziness

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am I the only one that likes to keep most makeup items in the same brand? It's not that I want to be loyal I think it's a little OCD of me. I have gotten it down to 4 brands but I would like to get it to 2 or 1. Is there anyone here who only uses 1 or 2 brands? I admit sometimes Clinique drives me in with gwp's
icon_confused.gif

Thanks for any info

that's what i do with MAC. i like my things to match. lol

Since I have mostly drugstore mu, I have yet to find a brand where I actually like all of their products! So I have a very miscellaneous collection as I try to find the best products of each brand!
smile.gif

However I admit that I get annoyed trying to organize my traincase when everything is a different size and shape, lol, I certainly wouldn't complain if I could find a single brand where I liked everything!

Originally Posted by erica_1020 Am I the only one that likes to keep most makeup items in the same brand? It's not that I want to be loyal I think it's a little OCD of me. I have gotten it down to 4 brands but I would like to get it to 2 or 1. Is there anyone here who only uses 1 or 2 brands? I admit sometimes Clinique drives me in with gwp's
icon_confused.gif

Thanks for any info

I just like too much stuff, and I like trying all the new things so I have about a million different brands. It would be nice if I could just stick to one or two brands, but I would probably get bored.

I can't help myself no matter how hard I try I only buy Mac products, no other brands in my MU collection.

I guess that would be me if I could get their foundations to work I won't even try their skincare because of the foundations

Every brand has something to offer me. I stick with my Benefit Fake-Its (concealer, powder, bases, etc) and color is where I find myself having the most variety of. I will find great colors at the drugstore and at the high end counters. I like to try different brands all of the time because I like to find what works best. I own a lot of bright MAC colors for when I go out or when I want to be a little crazy at work, and my natural colors are usually with Benefit or Bare Minerals.

Definitely not me. I love trying anything and everything. I've got tons of different brands right now. Sometimes I think I need to pare down, but eventually the moment passes and I'm ok w/my stash again.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by erica_1020 Am I the only one that likes to keep most makeup items in the same brand? It's not that I want to be loyal I think it's a little OCD of me. I have gotten it down to 4 brands but I would like to get it to 2 or 1. Is there anyone here who only uses 1 or 2 brands? I admit sometimes Clinique drives me in with gwp's
icon_confused.gif

Thanks for any info

I am actually the opposite! I feel like I need to own something from every line. I MUST try it all, if i don't I could be missing out on something. I love to look inside my makeup case and see a variety of sizes, colors and styles. My fave brands...... Benefit, Chanel, Dior, Shu, etc.....

You shouldn't limit yourself to only a few brands. Try thinking of it this way... limit yourself to the GOOD stuff!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I used to stick with Esteelauder and Chanel.

I have normal skin type before. But, ever since am turning 25, and getting tons of stress in my marriage life. My skin type kind of changed seasonly, It's become oily in summer and dry in winter.

So I need to do more research to find the right skin care product for my skin needs.

Now I have three brands stand on my makeup dresser.

I was that way at first and only used NARS. Then MAC and all their collections tempted me.. then came smashbox and stila. So those are my main ones that I use but i realized that other brands have different quality and have different things to offer. Plus I got bored after 'collecting' everything i wanted from a brand. I got a little OCD as well with NARS and MAC because i love how they all fit and look so good on my counter or train case since theyre the same size=) i know im weird..but i like how it looks when they're all so perfectly aligned lol.. when theres a space in my train case for one more NARS blush i go out and buy one just to fill that hole!=X

i have lots o' brands. clinique, mac, benefit, smashbox, BE....

makeup is too fun to limit myself

Originally Posted by ayce I was that way at first and only used NARS. Then MAC and all their collections tempted me.. then came smashbox and stila. So those are my main ones that I use but i realized that other brands have different quality and have different things to offer. Plus I got bored after 'collecting' everything i wanted from a brand. I got a little OCD as well with NARS and MAC because i love how they all fit and look so good on my counter or train case since theyre the same size=) i know im weird..but i like how it looks when they're all so perfectly aligned lol.. when theres a space in my train case for one more NARS blush i go out and buy one just to fill that hole!=X that's how i am! i like having the same brands so that they fit and match neatly in my traincase. all the other brands would clash and be mish-shaped and look messy. lol. i am getting into other brands though, just gotta get a bigger traincase! lol

i'm definitley crazy about certain brands.. but i don't really "collect", it just seems i'm only attracted to 5 brands.. hehe oh well.. i have two traincases filled with 5 brands.. and im guessing in the future i'll have 5 traincases filled with each.. lol.. okay im crazy
icon_redface.gif

.. i feel like my wording is weird lol

.. im FOR SURE palette crazy though
redface.gif

I used Lancome, i broke out, I used Urban Decay, my eyes itched. I used Chanel, my skin just said NO to that.. I used the DrugStore brands and failed miserably at that too.. So, i found MAC and now, thats all i have! I dont get bored with it, because i have what i think is a decent collection of different colors..

I so know what you mean!! I think some of it's because I definitely have obsessive tendencies, and I like order, LOL!!
wink.gif
I have mostly MAC, but I do own things from several other brands. However, my ultimate goal is to have a mostly MAC stash w/a few goodies from other lines.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back