Break that Plateau!! >:(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So far this month, i have lost 3-4 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my thighs and calves. and very happy about it. however, as the month ends, i am not loosing any more weight!

how can i break this fitness plateau?

i can't possibly increase the time on cardio (i do 1 hour everyday of running) and i strength train my abs, arms, and legs every week. Plus, i have been doing yoga in the mornings.

Congrats!! When I hit a plateau I just sort of stopped, which isn't good! I can't really offer much advice in this area, but I'm really curious about what other people have to say.

congrats on your weight loss so far!

hmmm. maybe change your diet a bit? you might be losing a bit of weight, but your gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat.

there are scales that measure body fat % also. if you want to get one of those, you can see if your body fat % is going down.

how much more weight do you need to loose to reach your goal?

Originally Posted by sugersoul So far this month, i have lost 3-4 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my thighs and calves. and very happy about it. however, as the month ends, i am not loosing any more weight!

i can't possibly increase the time on cardio (i do 1 hour everyday of running) and i strength train my abs, arms, and legs every week. Plus, i have been doing yoga in the mornings.

Originally Posted by sugersoul So far this month, i have lost 3-4 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my thighs and calves. and very happy about it. however, as the month ends, i am not loosing any more weight!

i don't think it has much to do with the time, but maybe the intensity of it. Up the speed of the cardiio you doing. I don't go by the weight on the scale anyways, because usually its muscle weight. Go by how your clothes fit. I rec you take a spin class b/c i heard is really intense.

Originally Posted by monniej how much more weight do you need to loose to reach your goal? i want to loose 10 more pounds (i know, this is alot to ask) but i am currently a size 5/6 and i hope to go down to a 3/4. it's very high expecations, but i really want to get back to my weight when i was in highschool
frown.gif

People hit plateaus when their body adapts to the routine. Alter it a bit so your body experiences something different. I agree with sweetface the intensity also needs to be changed. Try new routines and increase intensity and it will happen for you. Congratulations on your weight loss you should be proud of yourself
claps.gif
and like others have mentioned don't focus too much on the scale but on how your clothes feel and the inches lost. Good luck and keep us posted!

Do you go to a gym? or do you workout on your own? Cuz I've found the best way to lose a little extra was to switch up the kind of cardio you do...like if you've been just running, try doing the stairmaster for an hour or even an elliptical machine or a cross country machine. I don't think running faster will help at all, most people don't lose that way, try running on an incline more,even if it's just a slight one.

People usually hit a plateau when your body gets used to a routine.

You should start seeing results if you change your routine and even your eating habits a bit.

I recently read that a person should change their routine every 3 weeks in order to keep your body responding.

Good Luck and congrats on the loss!
claps.gif
You make me want to get motivated and start doing something.

Dont give up just keep eating healthily and exercising and you will continue to get benefits. This happened to me after i lost 18lbs. I didnt give up and the weight started to drop off

I'll tell you what to do from there if you tell me what you did to lose 3-4 inches off your waist!! J/K! I think you need to change your foods up a bit. Change your fitness routine too...even if it involves switching the times from morning to noon or noon to night. There is a great book called "8 minutes in the morning" by Jorge Cruise. It's old b/c his new thing is the 3 hour diet, but after reading 8 minutes, I realized what I needed to do to break my plateau.

Hope this helps.

Mel

WOW! WHAT A WORK OUT. HOW DO YOU DO THIS MUCH?

Originally Posted by MARIAN WOW! WHAT A WORK OUT. HOW DO YOU DO THIS MUCH? i have no idea myself
frown.gif
usually i just leave my work later at night and just sacrifice some sleeping so i can workout this much.

Latest posts

Back