Breast Acne

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I'm an Esthetician. I had a client today tell me she has breast acne, underneath. It's mainly red, with some discoloration. Some whiteheads. She's had this problem for a while now. Since she can't afford a dermatologist, I gave her a few suggestions. But, I've never met someone that had this issue. So, what would everyone else recommend? I thought an acne body wash to the infected area. Keep it clean, and dry off after showering immediately. Use powder if she gets sweaty. It's very frustrating to her because it's an ongoing problem, and she has large breasts. She has no allergies, that I'm aware of.  Thanks in advance..

Not sure...shes not dirty or anything. And she said its been going on for years. Also, she picks at it though. Which slows down the healing process

I had a rash under my girls once and it was because I changed laundry detergents. I washed my bra in a fancy "sensitive' detergent. She may have a mild allergy to any of the ingredients and when it rubs on her skin all day it causes irritation. Also, even if she is not allergic she may not be properly rinsing it either if she sink washes them and that could cause irritation.

If she has had it for a long time it could also be cloth allergies (nylon, polyester, wool, etc). I am mildly allergic to wool and usually I can wear the clothes if they are either only part wool or are loose fitting. If you rub it against my skin over and over my skin freaks out.

I used to have this problem, I think it's fairly common among busty women.  The trick for me is to make sure I 'air them out,' so to speak.  Make sure that if they get sweaty, you bathe soon after--I tried the powder trick and it didn't really help for me, but her mileage may vary.  After a bath or shower I'll lean over and let them swing free for a while (or lift them) to air dry completely after I towel off.  It may be a bit too much info, lol.  But it's what worked for me, just making sure they are fully dry before I put clothes back on.  And picking at them is definitely not a good idea!

(A side note, she could try washing under them with green tea.  I haven't tried it myself, but green tea does wonders for skin in general, so it could help!)

And apparently she's had this for years. Recently got oxy acne pads, and a acne body wash...still having problems. She said she uses baby powder also. She may need medicine, but I'm not a dermatologist. And also she doesn't have insurance. I just feel bad..she's very self conscious

Latest posts

Back