Breast Milk Avalible Online!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Jenn connel ,of wilton,n.h.,firmly beleives in breast feeding,but three years ago she had to have a double mastectomy,she is a 34 yrold cancer survivor.in 2003 she started a web site(www.feedmybaby.com )she asked other women around the country for help.after filling out health questionaires,dosens of lactating mothers have overnighted breast milk packed in dry ice,which connel then fed her sons in bottles.

Pediatricians and health experts are suffiently concerned to warn those involved that the potential risks of using milk from an unknown source far out wiegh any benefits.Studies have shown that a mothers milk can carry diseases as serious as hepatitis and hiv,and both the american academy of pediatricss and laleche league,warn agaisnt casual sharing of breast milk.

I personally think this is not very safe,i know that breast milk gives the babies the best nutrtion and builds their imun systems but i dont think id want my kids drinking someother womens breast milk,

What do you guys think?

eeeew! i don't want to feed someone else's breast milk to my child! i understand the reasoning behind it. but eww.

I belive that breast is best BUT who is screening the breast milk? Is this woman having it checked for infection, HIV etc??

I guess all she does is have the donators fill out the questionaires. don´t think she has the milk screened for Hepatitis B and C (although the possibilty of transmission by breast feeding is low but still possible) cause she´d have to pay for all that herself, right?

that´s still crazy! I can´t believe somebody would do that

Oh, I'm sure there's diseases other than just Hepatitis that can be transmitted through breast milk! And also consider how you shouldn't take most medicines while breastfeeding because the drugs go into the milk! I would never consider having a stranger donate breast milk; *maybe* a close friend who I trusted, but only if I had a good, long talk with my doctor first!

The idea is great but the problem is that the breastmilk is not being tested and since the mother's nutrition affects the breastmilk I wouldn't give someone else's breastmilk to my child. The mother might have taken some medication for example that is not safe during breastfeeding and traces of the medicine could be in the milk. I don't think this is safe.

Nice gesture- but I think that is irresponsible, given all the possible medications, diseases, unknown substances that could be in the breast milk.

How true!

Originally Posted by peekaboo Nice gesture- but I think that is irresponsible, given all the possible medications, diseases, unknown substances that could be in the breast milk.

Back