Bridal dilemma-help!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
as some of you may know, i am getting married in november. my sister-in-law made me a beautiful silk bouquet with fall colors, because i was supposed to have a small outdoor fall wedding with a low budget.realizing how cold it might be, we changed everything to an expensive hotel wedding. now my color theme along with everything else is different. i don't want to hurt her feelings, but the bouquet does not match anymore. do i try and explain this, or do i suck it up and try to match everything to these other colors that i'm not even sure i want anymore? here is the bouquet:

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

I'm having trouble with the links so I can't comment on the bouquet. I think I would at least offer to pay what it cost her to make the bouquet. Have you lined up a florist or would you have your SIL redo the flowers?

Good Idea Kelly!! Use it for the toss. That way she doesn't feel stlighted and you don't have to settle for something you don't really want!

yeah I'd use it for the toss, or find some other way to incorporate it so she doesn't feel bad. I dont think you have to use it as 'the' bouquet... it's your wedding, you shouldnt have to have things that dont suit the theme, but try to get what you want without hurting anyones feelings

She should understand the situation, but to be nice I'd try to find a way to incorporate it into the day. Congratulations by the way!

thanks everyone. tossing it is an option that could work. she put so much heart and excitement into making this, that i know she would be hurt if I didn't use it. I can't figure out how to fix these links so everyone could see it. I know the flowers will work out in the end.

Ask her to help you change it. She will appreciate your request as well as realise its not right. dont live with it, If it looks wrong it will always be a bad memory

Latest posts

Back