Bridal Hair Do's

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all

does anyone know where i can get some step by step instructions for various bridal hairstyles? i know there are books out there but they are too expensive! theres many examples of styles on different websites but non show 'how-to' do the actual style

any ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss!!!!!
icon_question.gif

http://beauty.ivillage.com/hair/cuts...,,n860,00.html

This site shows a few... but you might want to try looking for magazines in the drugstores that show hairstyles. They are pretty cheap. A simple fool-proof updo that you can try, that some of my clients really liked (and can be varied a million different ways) start making small pony tails with tiny rubber bands on the top of your head, and then looping the hair around and pinning it in various ways can give you a pretty neat looking do - that will stay in all day!
smile.gif

You can also check out this thread HERE that Laura posted on making really cool updo's with a basic pony-tail technique!
smile.gif

awwww thankyou NYangel! are there special rubber bands available that dont 'slide' or slip off hair after a while no matter how tightly tied they are? or will the tiny ones do that i use on my niece when i do twisties on her (top of head)

cheers

Originally Posted by redmonkey786 awwww thankyou NYangel! are there special rubber bands available that dont 'slide' or slip off hair after a while no matter how tightly tied they are? or will the tiny ones do that i use on my niece when i do twisties on her (top of head)
cheers

They have some that they say are snag free... but you know how well that usually works
wink.gif
lol Any kind are fine, you'll just probably have to snip them out when you're done... but it's an easy way to get a neat looking style, and it'll last no matter how much you move
wink.gif

thanks so much you're awesom, will give it a try, does the hair really stay in place even when you fix the curls in with pins and then snip off the hairbands? i never tried that....

I think she meant to cut the rubberbands out when you are done and ready to take your hair completely down. I don't think the pins would hold the hair in place without the help of the bands. Sorry if I am butting in Janelle....
icon_biggrin.gif

Pins can hold your hair in place with enough hair spray .... I was a bridesmaid in a wedding, and for each little section of my hair the stylist curled it, pinned it down, and hairsprayed it to death, without any rubber bands ... it stayed fairly well if you didn't do any crazy dancing, but it took forever to do and would probably be hard to do yourself (though a friend could do it) ... My hair was just above shoulder-length at the time and I had 92 pins holding my hair up that night! However if you can leave the rubber bands in and hide them under your hair, that would definitely last longer
wink.gif

For my wedding I just wore my hair down, flipped out the ends and wore a headband-like tiara ... just a few pins to hold the front part of my hair back behind my ear, and a few pins to keep the tiara and veil in place, and that was it
wink.gif

You might try posting at some wedding message boards to get more replies ... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to promote other websites on here, but a Google search should quickly yield a few popular sites.
wink.gif
Almost every idea I got for my wedding came from a single message board!

Originally Posted by tashbash I think she meant to cut the rubberbands out when you are done and ready to take your hair completely down. I don't think the pins would hold the hair in place without the help of the bands. Sorry if I am butting in Janelle....
icon_biggrin.gif
Not at all dear
wink.gif
I can't be on 24/7 (as much as I'd like to!
frown.gif
) so it's great that you are all here to help! :icon_love But yes, cut them out AFTER when you are ready to take your hair down. The pins really won't hold on their own. But the rubber bands will keep the style up all day n' night
wink.gif

Originally Posted by carla_Hilton oh and just to suggest... I do twisties on my head all the time b/c of cheerleading, you can't have bangs in your face and i have the swept bangs but i use fingernail clippers b/c they're smaller and easier to control! Good luck! fingernail clippers??
icon_wink.gif
what do you do with those??

Originally Posted by carla_Hilton to clip out the rubber bands! I thought you meant that you used the clippers to cut your bangs!!
icon_eek.gif
I know, I'm a dork!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by tashbash I thought you meant that you used the clippers to cut your bangs!!
icon_eek.gif
I know, I'm a dork!
icon_smile.gif
I'm thinking she's cutting her hair with them too!! lmao
icon_redface.gif
Or to cut the hair that might stick out... I was like "what does she do!?!" lol So you're not alone tash!
wink.gif

Back