Bridal Shower games

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any ideas for fun bridal shower games? I have to think up a few for my friend's bridal shower and I have NO ideas for games... I don't recall ever going to one of these.

If you have any ideas, PLEASE post! I'm desperate here! Thx!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Liz, silly, she said BRIDAL SHOWER, not baby shower
icon_lol.gif

I know one where you blindfold one person at a time. You take a big bowl and put cotton balls in it and place it in their lap. Then they have to hold a little bowl on their head while they try to shovel as many cotton balls from the large bowl into the small bowl using a spoon. You see who can get the most in a designated amount of time. It's really funny because you can't tell if you have any on your spoon or not!

Then there is the classic one where you divide into teams. Designate one person per team as the "bride". Each team has rolls of toilet paper and you try to create the best wedding dress using the toilet paper.

Those are a couple that we played at my wedding shower. Hope you enjoy.

Liz, I think she needs BRIDAL shower games, not BABY shower games
wink.gif
Unless the bride is pregnant....

Anyways, I always thought bridal shower games were silly and I specifically requested none at my shower! But we did have an activity to facilitate some discussion: I came up with some questions about us (how we met, our favorite activities, other random trivia) and my maid of honor made up a quiz, and we tried to see which guest could get the most right. And of course when I told them the answers that led to some fun stories!

I've only been to one bridal shower besides my own, and these were the games they played:

The bridesmaids asked the groom some questions beforehand about himself (his favorite things, etc.) and the bride had to guess the answers. For every wrong answer she had to put another piece of gum in her mouth and blow a bubble
wink.gif

They also had a game where the bride was blindfolded and had to dress herself for the wedding. Except instead of a real wedding dress and accessories, there were a bunch of silly things: a bathrobe for a dress, a hair scrunchy for a garter, plastic plants for the bouquet, I forget what else ... I know there were also something for shoes and a veil, maybe something else ... when she was done we all took pictures before she took off the blindfold!
wink.gif
And of course part of the challenge was figuring out what each item was, she never did figure out what the hair scrunchy was supposed to be and ended up wearing it as a bracelet!

In addition to games, at each bridal shower we also had the guests each introduce themselves and explain how they know the bride. And of course there was food
biggrin.gif
(My shower was in the afternoon and we had make-your-own brownie sundaes, yummy!)

Hope that helps!
smile.gif

This idea is not necessarily a game but something fun to do: Pass around a notebook with blank pages and have each person jot down a helpful hint for the new bride (they can be funny or serious) then when everyone has had a turn to write in the book (those who want to) have the bride read them out loud - you will get plenty of laughs and conversation going.

ack!!! sorry
icon_redface.gif
icon_lol.gif
too early for me i guess. hehe. i'll go edit my post

GREAT suggestions, ladies!
claps.gif
I want to use 'em all!

Well... except for the ribbon around the belly game! LOL, Liz!!!
icon_lol.gif
But thanks for trying to pitch in anyway!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I was at my friend's wedding shower and they had a game where everyone had a clothespeg and you pick a word that will be said over and over again throughout the party and nobody is supoosed to say that word but if you hear someone say that word, you can take their clothespeg away from them. The person with the most clothespegs gets a prize at the end of the party. It's more fun than it sounds.

Forgot to mention:

I stole the idea from my friend for a party I helped organize afterwards but I also added magnets to the back of the clothespegs and glued on cute bows and flowers so that after the party is over everyone has a cute little magnet for their fridge as a memento.

Here are some suggestions:

Trivia!

Have some questions about the bride and or groom ready to be asked and see how many people "really" there about to be wed friend. (questions can include things like, how they met, what was the first job that the bride held... you get the idea)

Guess?

Find or buy a cute container or bottle and fill it up with candy, or safety pins, or anything having to do with the wedding or shower. Make sure you know how many pieces are in it before you seal it up. Pass the bottle around and have the guests guess how many pieces are in it. Have them write on a piece of paper with their guess. Who ever is the closest, wins.

Wedding Dress:

Before the shower, purchase several rolls of white toilet paper. At the party, divide the guests into two or more groups of 3-5 people. Each group must choose a model for their wedding dress (mothers of the bride and/or groom work wonderfully). The goal is for each group to design and fashion a "wedding dress" out of toilet paper. Accessories are allowed (earrings, bouquets, trains, headpieces, wedding ring, etc.), but they must all be fashioned out of toilet paper. Once the groups are finished, the bride must pick the winner of the contest. This is my favorite bridal shower activity. And brides love this contest for the wonderful photo-memories it provides.

Who knows the Bride Best

....this is similar to one that I said earlier (trivia game) Only the Bride to be fills out an info sheet on herself (favorite food, restaurant, pet, place she wants to live ..etc.) she should have about 20 things. For example: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? What is your favorite place to eat lunch? Give the same questions to each guest and have them fill out what THEY think her answers would be. -----Got the idea?

Purse power!

This is a great game! Have all the guests have their purses in front of them for this game. Make a list (beforehand) of common and uncommon things that can be found in a woman's purse. Assign each item a point value. (hairbrush might be worth 2 points, lipstick 3 points/5 if it is red, mirror...etc.) Uncommon items should have a higher point value (lotion, staple remover....you get the idea!) Liven things up a bit and put down a condom and value that at 20 points! The list is endless and is great fun! Keep the items simple and not too uncommon or you may wind up with an unhappy guest who doesn't have anything but a wallet in her purse!!

VARIATION to this game might be: Have the BRIDE to be hold the "master" and let her decide what "item" should be found and the first person to present that item receives the points for that round. You will need a score keeper or let them keep their own.

Clothes Pins.

You start with a hanger with about 20 clothes pins on it. Each person gets a turn to get as many clothes pins off without dropping any and only using one hand to hold the hanger and the other hand to take the clothes pins off. When a clothes pin is dropped you count how many they got off and the person who gets the most pins wins.

Clothes Pin.

This one is a game as well as an ice breaker. When guests arrive to the party, each one is given a clothes pin (usually decorated in the theme colors of the wedding ) and instructed NOT to mention the Grooms name during the entire shower. If someone catches another person saying his name, they (the person that said his name) must give up their clothes pin to the "catcher". At the end of the shower, the person with the most "pins" is declared the winner and WINS a prize. This is a fun way of keeping the party interactive and helps people to relax a bit easier.

Latest posts

Back