Bronzer shopping= hassle

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ugh! I am searching for a powder bronzer but every one I look at is either way too dark, muddy, or orangey. I want one that is more on the golden side but not too light. I know there are several threads about bronzers which I have looked through. Unfortunately many of the brands posted are not sold where I live which means I would have to order from sephora.com. I just hate buying makeup without seeing it in person.

I wish Caboodles makeup was still available. I use to buy their Tahiti bronzer which was cheap and wonderful. I can't even find this on ebay. Grrr.

I'm trying to find a bronzer that is matte or with very subtle shimmer. I may just have to bite the bullet and buy one from sephora.com. I'm considering the Sugar tropic tan duo (the one with the blush) or Stila Sun.

Why does bronzer shopping have to be such a hassle, lol.

wish I could help. The only bronzer I own is Stila Sun, and I haven't worn it enough to know what I think yet.

i always preach this: tarte's park ave princess! trust me, i am very light-skinned (not exactly pale cuz i'm yellow-toned) and it's AWESOME. i gave a sample to my friend (wish i had it still so i could've given it to you! sorry
frown.gif
) and she told me to pick one up for her cuz she got so many compliments on it.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I feel your pain. I looked for one all summer and finally gave up. Hopefully both of us will come across one we fall in love with, lol. If I find one I like I will let you know.

Originally Posted by MissMudPie /img/forum/go_quote.gif wish I could help. The only bronzer I own is Stila Sun, and I haven't worn it enough to know what I think yet. Please let me know if you like or dislike this bronzer. I am curious about it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i always preach this: tarte's park ave princess! trust me, i am very light-skinned (not exactly pale cuz i'm yellow-toned) and it's AWESOME. i gave a sample to my friend (wish i had it still so i could've given it to you! sorry
frown.gif
) and she told me to pick one up for her cuz she got so many compliments on it. Thanks Jennifer! I have medium toned skin,neutral-yellow/olive so I wasn't sure if the tarte would be too light?

A lot of girls with darker skin still use the Park Avenue Princess bronzer. It's used in some FOTDs and looks good on darker skin tones.

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif A lot of girls with darker skin still use the Park Avenue Princess bronzer. It's used in some FOTDs and looks good on darker skin tones. Thanks! I will consider this bronzer.
smile.gif

I really like Clinique's powder bronzer. It has a slight shimmer, and there are a few different colours. They also make a liquid bronzer that I haven't tried.

Thanks speedy in regards to the Clinique recommendation.
smile.gif
I added it to my list.
smile.gif

I was on Ebay and I ended up buying Tarte Park Avenue Princess bronzer sample. I can hardly wait for it to arrive.

Thanks for the rec's and if you have more suggestions please let me know.
smile.gif

i love mac bronzers. i'm super white and don't like to look like i dipped my face in self tanner, and i've always had luck with them.

Originally Posted by econ34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i love mac bronzers. i'm super white and don't like to look like i dipped my face in self tanner, and i've always had luck with them. I agree with this. All other bronzers I have tried have turned my orange except for MACs Golden bronzer.

Originally Posted by Shelley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks speedy in regards to the Clinique recommendation.
smile.gif
I added it to my list.
smile.gif

I was on Ebay and I ended up buying Tarte Park Avenue Princess bronzer sample. I can hardly wait for it to arrive.

Thanks for the rec's and if you have more suggestions please let me know.
smile.gif

PAP is my favorite bronzer.

my hg right now is Cargo

and I think I am one of the few skin tones out there that look good in orange (bronzer, blush - dont have clothes though)

Also make sure to apply minimally in good light. Bad light can make blushes, bronzers, and highlights appear less when you've actually already caked it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i always preach this: tarte's park ave princess! trust me, i am very light-skinned (not exactly pale cuz i'm yellow-toned) and it's AWESOME. i gave a sample to my friend (wish i had it still so i could've given it to you! sorry
frown.gif
) and she told me to pick one up for her cuz she got so many compliments on it. I bought this because of Jennifer, and i have to say... it is the most perfect bronzer EVER. I seriously never got so many compliments. My sister, cousin, even my aunt went and bought one because they loved it so much on me. I am medium skin tone. So, I'm glad you listened to Jen, and bought a sample.

Latest posts

Back