Brow powder for naturally red hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What brand of eyebrow powder do any of the natural redheads out there use? Or do any of the MA have any suggestions? My hair is a dark red and my eyebrows are more of a strawberry blonde. Unfortunately from waxing they are thinner than I would like and sometimes it seems they are short after waxing, so I am giving myself a break and trying to grow them out. I would like to just start tweezing them myself and use a good powder and brow brush. Right now I am using a neutral eyeshadow.

Smashbox Brow Tech comes in an auburn shade.

Personally though I'm a redhead myself, with those strawberry blonde brows, and when I "do" my brows I just use the blonde pencil from Bourjois. It's a good medium-tone beige that blends well with my natural colour. I find you don't really need something with a red tone.

I was going to suggest Smashbox auburn or taupe as well. I use the brunette kit and it is great. It last forever too.

Or stick with what you are doing and use the shadow. If you want a cheap wax I know that NYC sells the brow kits that have the wax they may even have it in your color.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to check out the smashbox and brow zings. Any thoughts on stencils?

I"ve used stencils by eyebrowz.com and really liked them. So many to choose from, so you can really find a few that suit your face to a T.

As for brow color, I'm a natural dark red myself - but my brows are nearly clear. The color of chino pants in putty, really. When I want a softer or more natural look, I grab a golden blonde or taupe shade. For more drama I look for a balanced brown - not ashy, not red, not plummy, just balanced, like a hershey bar. I find that when I use an "auburn" or "chestnut" toned powder it looks either a bit too plum or a bit too orange for my liking. I read somewhere that red eyebrows make you look "mad", but I don't know that I agree to that. Just somehow the warmer toned pencils and powders looked even more fake than a dark dark brown on me. A great compromise for me is to use the blonde or brunette tone in a pencil or powder and then use an auburn brow gel to warm up the color a little, if necessary.

-b.

I like Ardell stencils. As far as brow powders, The Body Shop has some great ones.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back