Brown Eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have problems with finding brown eyeshadows!I have brown eyes and I prefer natural eyeshadows.But every brown eyeshadows I see is turning into orange or red,and I don't like it!The only eyeshadow that I have and it's true brown is Mac's Romp,and I really like it but I want to have more!What do you suggest?Also what other shades are good for brown eyes(except pinks,I don't look good with pink eyeshadows)!Oh if you could tell me some Mac's eyeshadows,I want to try more of them!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm not a MAC expert, but I totally agree with you! I don't like the warm tone in brown eye shadows. I like earthy (maybe even greenish) tone. I personally like and use Fake.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by lilyindavis I'm not a MAC expert, but I totally agree with you! I don't like the warm tone in brown eye shadows. I like earthy (maybe even greenish) tone. I personally like and use Fake.
icon_wink.gif
Me too I prefer the earthy browns with a little tone of green in it!! Fake is Mac?

Satin Taupe doesn't turn red or orange at all because it's a cool-toned brown. It's very pretty and shimmery and easy to wear. Club is also nice - a cool brown with a green shimmer.

If you want to make your brown eyes stand out, use greens (Sumptuous Olive, Greensmoke, Fiction, Humid, Juxt, Sprout), blues (Tilt, Aquadisiac, Steamy, Freshwater, Deep Truth) and purples (MAC Shale, Crystal, Digit, Parfait Amour, Violet Pigment, Nocturnelle, etc).

Originally Posted by Violet Satin Taupe doesn't turn red or orange at all because it's a cool-toned brown. It's very pretty and shimmery and easy to wear. Club is also nice - a cool brown with a green shimmer.
If you want to make your brown eyes stand out, use greens (Sumptuous Olive, Greensmoke, Fiction, Humid, Juxt, Sprout), blues (Tilt, Aquadisiac, Steamy, Freshwater, Deep Truth) and purples (MAC Shale, Crystal, Digit, Parfait Amour, Violet Pigment, Nocturnelle, etc).

Thanks Violet!I really like the green eyeshadows!!But for the blue eyeshadows I don't know,I think it's too much for me!!

Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks Violet!I really like the green eyeshadows!!But for the blue eyeshadows I don't know,I think it's too much for me!! Oh, you should try it. They're nice to wear with green, too. Try out Tilt first. It's a cool light to medium blue with green shimmer. So pretty and quite easy to wear. Not bright. Or try Steamy - wonderful paired with emerald greens and it's a warm blue anyway so does verge on green.

Originally Posted by Violet Oh, you should try it. They're nice to wear with green, too. Try out Tilt first. It's a cool light to medium blue with green shimmer. So pretty and quite easy to wear. Not bright. Or try Steamy - wonderful paired with emerald greens and it's a warm blue anyway so does verge on green.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Violet!!

Originally Posted by Trisha not browns but you may like these
As B said, Satin Taupe by MAC

Stila - Espresso, Golightly & Diamond Lil

Shu Uemura - ME Silver 945

Stila's Golightly is like Mac's Sumptuous olive?It has green in it?

Originally Posted by Trisha its weird, its more of a dirty antiqued bronzey brown (no red in it), some people claim they can see green in it, i suppose it depends on what you pair it with, i think you'd like it tho! I've tried Golightly once on my hand at a Stila counter but i found it a little dark to wear it know in the summer,I think is better to wear it in the winter!What's the best eyeshadow to pair with Golightly?

Cargo's St. Tropez is pretty good for a brown. It kind of reminds me of chocolate milk!

Latest posts

Back