Brunettes do have more fun!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Blow to blondes as brunettes top British list of world beauties

<!-- END HEADLINE --> <!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --> Tue May 31,12:16 PM ET

The five most beautiful women in the world, at least in the opinion of an upmarket British fashion magazine, all have one thing in common -- they're brunettes.

Hollywood star Angelina Jolie tops Harpers and Queen's list of global beauties, compiled by 1,000 experts from the worlds of fashion, arts, the media and, peculiarly, plastic surgery.

Following behind are supermodel Christy Turlington, Queen Rania of Jordan, film director Sofia Coppola and cooking diva Nigella Lawson.

Blondes such as supermodel Kate Moss, "Kill Bill" star Uma Thurman and "Lost in Translation" star Scarlett Johansson are in the top 100, but have been relegated out of the top five.

"We were really surprised when the brunettes came out on top," said Harpers and Queen editor Lucy Yeomans.

"But from our panel results, we witnessed a definite shift away from the traditionally deified blonde stereotype. Instead, people with a more unusual and interesting beauty ranked higher."

Aishwarya Rai, the Indian actress who played the lead in "Bride and Prejudice", is ninth in the poll of the 100 Most Beautiful Women of Today, which appears in the July issue of Harpers and Queen.

That's really fabulous! But I'm still going to bleach my hair. I thought about going back to dark hair, but I just don't think I could do it.

WooHoo GO BRUNETTES!! But how the hell did Nigella Lawson make it in the top 5?? Em hello, ya she's pretty but i would NOT put her in the top 5. Oh i'm such a bit*h!

congrats to the brunettes (hey that´s a rhyme *lol)do I have to dye my hair now?
wink.gif
well I´m not THAT blonde anyway (natural hair color: dark blonde) so I´m not upset about this.
biggrin.gif

More power to you ladies, i still love my light hair but i do agree that dark hair looks very sexy.Sometimes i want to dye it dark but i know i will miss it.

Latest posts

Back