Brush question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need a foundation brush like the one in the picture. Which brand do you guys recommend? I prefer short handle but if it is the best of the best, then I'll deal with the long handle
smile.gif
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

N, have you tried the craft supply store? I don't know if you'll find any shorter handled brushes, but it's worth a shot. Much cheaper than cosmetic brands.

Otherwise, try Paula Dorf, Sephora, or Px. MAC's version is good, but I don't know if the handle's too long for your needs.

HTH!
smile.gif

I dont know of any w/short handles but I can vouch for the Smashbox brush. I have been using it for years and it is wonderful! I get excellent, even coverage when using it. And yes, aside from the color of the one that you posted (lol), it is quite similar but w/a longer handle.

Originally Posted by lilla I need a foundation brush like the one in the picture. Which brand do you guys recommend? I prefer short handle but if it is the best of the best, then I'll deal with the long handle
smile.gif
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

I checked Mac already and it was a bit long for my organizer
icon_sad.gif
I want something good as usual and you know price isn't important. I am going to Michael's on Saturday so I'll check it there. If it does a better job or similar, of course I would like to pay lesser than 30-40 buck
smile.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha N, have you tried the craft supply store? I don't know if you'll find any shorter handled brushes, but it's worth a shot. Much cheaper than cosmetic brands.
Otherwise, try Paula Dorf, Sephora, or Px. MAC's version is good, but I don't know if the handle's too long for your needs.

HTH!
smile.gif

Tracey, I saw a Smashbox brush last Saturday. It was shorter than Mac's and it was $32. I didn't know much about it so I left it alone. It was red, is yours red too?

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I dont know of any w/short handles but I can vouch for the Smashbox brush. I have been using it for years and it is wonderful! I get excellent, even coverage when using it. And yes, aside from the color of the one that you posted (lol), it is quite similar but w/a longer handle.

Yes, I have it and its red. So aside from being beautiful, it is an awesome, well-made brush.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I actually have almost all of the smashbox brushes and they're great. If you go that direction, you wont be disappointed. Wasnt aware that it was shorter than MAC - I've never tried MAC's fndtn brush due to SB stole my heart.:icon_love

Originally Posted by lilla Tracey, I saw a Smashbox brush last Saturday. It was shorter than Mac's and it was $32. I didn't know much about it so I left it alone. It was red, is yours red too?

Mine is from Michaels craft store... and is just as good, if not better, than the one I have from Japonesque (That cost 4x the amt.) It was too long for my Trish McEvoy planner, but I had my bf snip off all the ends to shorten them with these snip tools... and they're made of a lucite -like plastic, so they don't shatter or crack if you cut them.Here is a pic of the one I got... they have other ones, but I like the type of bristles for my foundations - comes out very smooth (taklon bristles I believe they are)
icon_wink.gif

I always stop by Mac whenever I go to Nordstrom, so I checked theirs first. It was nice but too long for my organizer. Pretty color of SB brush got my attention. It was a bit shorter than Mac but I wanted to get MuT ladies' opinion first
icon_redface.gif
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely give it a try
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Yes, I have it and its red. So aside from being beautiful, it is an awesome, well-made brush.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I actually have almost all of the smashbox brushes and they're great. If you go that direction, you wont be disappointed. Wasnt aware that it was shorter than MAC - I've never tried MAC's fndtn brush due to SB stole my heart.:icon_love

Thanks Janelle
smile.gif
I am hitting Michaels this Saturday to get the e/s brush you talked about yesterday, so I will keep my eyes open for f. brush
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Mine is from Michaels craft store... and is just as good, if not better, than the one I have from Japonesque (That cost 4x the amt.) It was too long for my Trish McEvoy planner, but I had my bf snip off all the ends to shorten them with these snip tools... and they're made of a lucite -like plastic, so they don't shatter or crack if you cut them.Here is a pic of the one I got... they have other ones, but I like the type of bristles for my foundations - comes out very smooth (taklon bristles I believe they are)
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Thanks Janelle
smile.gif
I am hitting Michaels this Saturday to get the e/s brush you talked about yesterday, so I will keep my eyes open for f. brush
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Yeah - I love those e/s brushes! LOL They have several brushes that will work well w/ the foundation... mine is a little thinner than the Japonesque one, but I like that... doesn't use as much product and applies mu really smooth. But they have several sizes, and densities.
wink.gif

since foundation brushes are synthetic bristles i am sure you could find a good cheaper alternative than the high end brands i hear the sonia kashuk brushes are pretty good i was thinkin of going to target to check out her brushes i've looked at them in the past and they look good but usuallythe ones i want are sold out

I'll let you know tomorrow, I am going to take a big final today from Hospital Coding so I won't be available all day. I have a good friend coming over for dinner and a movie tonight but I'll pm you tomorrow
wink.gif
Boy, I am gonna miss reading the posts today
icon_sad.gif
Don't ask, I don't have a life!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Lemme know if you still need a fndt brush, I have the MAC one but a short handled one which i used once, i'd be willing to sell xx

Originally Posted by lilla I'll let you know tomorrow, I am going to take a big final today from Hospital Coding so I won't be available all day. I have a good friend coming over for dinner and a movie tonight but I'll pm you tomorrow
wink.gif
Boy, I am gonna miss reading the posts today
icon_sad.gif
Don't ask, I don't have a life!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Good luck on your test! Are you taking billing/coding classes? I took that - but never got into the field... oh well another skill under the belt can't hurt
wink.gif

Thank you Janelle, my test was very long but it went great
icon_smile.gif
I am studying Health Information Technology for my AS degree. I haven't decided what I will go for my BA. I studied Italian Language and Literature for BA 15 years ago and never used it... We moved to Montana when my husband got an assignment (he is in the Air Force) back in the States and didn't have any job opportunities for that! My Italian is very rusty since I didn't use it a lot but just like you said, it is another skill under the belt
wink.gif
I worked in banking for over 8 years and then got into healthcare in a business office of a Clinic... I don't like working on patients because I am more type of desk job person
icon_rolleyes.gif
I realized I would like to study that area for a while....

Sorry for the long answer but you asked
tongue.gif
I like to talk a lot, can you tell?
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Good luck on your test! Are you taking billing/coding classes? I took that - but never got into the field... oh well another skill under the belt can't hurt
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Thank you Janelle, my test was very long but it went great
icon_smile.gif
I am studying Health Information Technology for my AS degree. I haven't decided what I will go for my BA. I studied Italian Language and Literature for BA 15 years ago and never used it... We moved to Montana when my husband got an assignment (he is in the Air Force) back in the States and didn't have any job opportunities for that! My Italian is very rusty since I didn't use it a lot but just like you said, it is another skill under the belt
wink.gif
I worked in banking for over 8 years and then got into healthcare in a business office of a Clinic... I don't like working on patients because I am more type of desk job person
icon_rolleyes.gif
I realized I would like to study that area for a while....
Sorry for the long answer but you asked
tongue.gif
I like to talk a lot, can you tell?
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

That's great! I only know the Italian I took in HS - so it's pretty much non-existant at this point! lol Good luck & I'm glad you did well on your test!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks, one final left! Then I get a break for 3 weeks or so
smile.gif
Summer semester starts at the end of May
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 That's great! I only know the Italian I took in HS - so it's pretty much non-existant at this point! lol Good luck & I'm glad you did well on your test!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Lilla,

did you ever get over to Michael's for the brush you were looking for ??? Hey if its good enough for an artist...its good enough for my canvas!!!

Janelle got herself some terrific stuff there - at more than half the prices these department stores charge for a damn brush.....

ps congrats on your test !!!! I still haven't gotten the body cream from Ricaud yet, should be this week hopefully....I'll send you some when it comes in...

K
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lilla I need a foundation brush like the one in the picture. Which brand do you guys recommend? I prefer short handle but if it is the best of the best, then I'll deal with the long handle
smile.gif
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

You might want to try Ebay. You can usually find one at a good price.

Originally Posted by K*O* Lilla,
did you ever get over to Michael's for the brush you were looking for ??? Hey if its good enough for an artist...its good enough for my canvas!!!

Janelle got herself some terrific stuff there - at more than half the prices these department stores charge for a damn brush.....

ps congrats on your test !!!! I still haven't gotten the body cream from Ricaud yet, should be this week hopefully....I'll send you some when it comes in...

K
wink.gif

Lilla, where are you tonight????

Thanks, I have one final left than I can breath again
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I went to Joan's and didn't find what Janelle had
icon_sad.gif
so I bought Trisha's. I will stop by next week to see what I can find at Michael's.

I can't wait to try that body cream :icon_love Don't worry about me though, just send me when you have time.

Originally Posted by K*O* Lilla,

K
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back