Brush reccomendation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i need a brush for applying creamy/glossy eye products. whatd be a good one?

Sorry i cant help bejb1011 coz i use my fingers for creamy shadows (example MAC Paints) but hopefully the other girls can recommend some brushes for you!

Originally Posted by Laura Sorry i cant help bejb1011 coz i use my fingers for creamy shadows (example MAC Paints) but hopefully the other girls can recommend some brushes for you! ooo yay i figured out how to quote! anyway. its ok. ive tried using my fingers and its sill the best but i want a brush for a differnt technique

Originally Posted by bejb1011 i need a brush for applying creamy/glossy eye products. whatd be a good one? Anything with synthetic bristles! Natural hair brushes will absorb too much of creamy products and get all icky and gross. I went through that when I started using cream eye shadows, but I had been meaning to buy a set of sythetic brushes anyway. I buy my brushes from the art supply store because they're super cheap, great variety of shapes and sizes, and the same as brushes from MU brands.

I agree with Suzukigrrl. I have a cheap one from Sonia Kashuk
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Anything with synthetic bristles! Natural hair brushes will absorb too much of creamy products and get all icky and gross. I went through that when I started using cream eye shadows, but I had been meaning to buy a set of sythetic brushes anyway. I buy my brushes from the art supply store because they're super cheap, great variety of shapes and sizes, and the same as brushes from MU brands.

i use the sephora brush for concealers since it's synthetic bristles and kind of cheaper than other brands. but you can find art store brushes that work the same way for cheaper.

Originally Posted by Liz i use the sephora brush for concealers since it's synthetic bristles and kind of cheaper than other brands. but you can find art store brushes that work the same way for cheaper. me too,the brushes at sephora are pretty decent quality,and synthetic brushes are great.
smile.gif

You can find some decent taklon brushes at the art supply stores. Just find a shape and size you like...they're great for applying creams.

art supply stores......like michaels and hobby lobby? i may be makeing a trip! although my arts and crafty mother may have a heart attack if i tell her im going to hobby lobby :X

i go to this one painting/frame store called aaron brothers or something like that to get my art store brushes. just find somewhere that sells painting supplies.

Originally Posted by Liz i go to this one painting/frame store called aaron brothers or something like that to get my art store brushes. just find somewhere that sells painting supplies. i did
biggrin.gif
and i got 13 new brushes.!!!!!! and i saw like 15 more that i want. for the price of 2 mac ones i got 13 brushes 2 pairs of flipflops and a coloring book. anna is a happy girl
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bejb1011 i did
biggrin.gif
and i got 13 new brushes.!!!!!! and i saw like 15 more that i want. for the price of 2 mac ones i got 13 brushes 2 pairs of flipflops and a coloring book. anna is a happy girl
smile.gif
yay! how much were they? take pics!

Wow, good deal! Pictures please when you get a chance..
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by bejb1011 i did
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz yay! how much were they? take pics! for everything it was $61something. id love to take pics cept my dad MURDERED! my digital camera im in the process of begging for a new one. but as soon as i succeed i shall take pics of EVERYTHING
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by mteng Well,it's true that synthetic bristle works better when applying with eyeshadow, concealor. But I personally think that natural hair brush is softer therefore works fine when applying on your face. I highly recommend Bobbi brown, their brush is the best
icon_lol.gif
Welcome mtang!!! I'm Janelle, nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

As for me, I'm a 99% art store brush user... they are awesome, and they work beautifully!
wink.gif

Nice haul Anna!!!! I'm sure you'll love them, and your new flip flops!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back