Bubble bath that actually makes bubbles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have bought sponge bob bubble bath and all those cartoon characters bubble bath from target but they dont hardly make bubbles, can anybody suggest bubble bath that goes a mile high?!! lol? my kids love bubbles but i find that most of the ones i have used are pretty flat and you can still see all the water and i literally use a whole bottle per bath! thanx!

How are you pouring the bubbles in? If you pour it into the stream of running water, it should bubble, especially if the water is coming out very quickly.

radox do excellent bath cremes - they really bubble and you don't need too much to get a lot of bubbles - just make sure you pour it under the running tap to get max bubbles!

Have you tried Mr. Bubble? That stuff bubbled to the ceiling for me when I was a kid. LOL

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you tried Mr. Bubble? That stuff bubbled to the ceiling for me when I was a kid. LOL Ahhhhhh! I LOVE Mr. Bubble! I used to have a shirt (a few years ago) with him on it, but I've lost it
frown.gif

Definitely Mr. Bubble! Also, Avon's bubble baths bubble well.

yay!! mr. bubbles it is!!! thanx everyone!!! i remember it too when i was small but wasnt sure if they still made it the same, you know how stuff always changes, never as good as when it first comes out? im gonna try avon too thanx aquilah.

ooo bubble baths, I've always had the non bubbling dillemma, I think I may try Mr. bubbles for myself :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> if I can find a decent scent that's not too kiddie

This isn't quite as easy as Mr. Bubble, but I use this recipe from my Natural Beauty At Home book.

1/2 cup mild liquid dish detergent (I like Joy) or liquid soap

2 packets unflavored gelatin (2 tablespoons)

1 tablespoon glycerine

1 egg white

optional: add a little of your favorite oil to the bath for extra skin conditioning.

Combine all the ingredients and stir until well mixed. Pour under running water as you draw your bath. Climb in among the bubbles and have fun!

yield: 6 ounces, 1 bubble bath.

The thing that makes huge mounds of thick bubbles isn't mainly the bubble liquid itself. The trick is to aerate it as much as possible. I discovered this by accident because our new apartment had a jacuzzi tub. Put those jets on and you have bubbles up to your ears with just a small amount of any foaming bath liquid or shampoo or bodywash or what have you.

I think one could simulate this with a handheld shower sprayer under the bath water.

I've seen it done that way on film sets, They spray some kind of hose under the water to get it to bubble up more or refresh the bubbles.

I use the Philosophy stuff for taking a bath. That stuff makes great bubbles and it smells wonderful. They have such yummy scents.

Latest posts

Back