Budgeting software

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm trying to take charge of my money better and i need help, so i've heard tons of great stuff about quicken, but when i looked up the reviews on amazon, they weren't exactly glowing.

i did some more research and came upon this...

Amazon.com: Reviews for You Need A Budget Pro - Personal Finance Software Program: Software

it's called YNAB (you need a budget) and i bought it, but it's a little tricky to work out, so i haven't started using it yet.

has anyone else used this? what do you use?

I use Quicken and I enjoy it. It's great because it interfaces with my bank account.

I hate to say it, but what I use is about 10 envelopes. I have a budget and every 2 weeks I take money and put it into the envelopes. It has made Christmas presents and summer vaccation both year round saving things and stops me from eating out every night of the week, but still gives me enough money to splurge now and then. I learned the system by reading a book from David Ramsey.

I need to try this. I am a horrible budgeter. I could really use some help. I think my XP has this included doesnt it?

Originally Posted by JennyMcL /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate to say it, but what I use is about 10 envelopes. I have a budget and every 2 weeks I take money and put it into the envelopes. It has made Christmas presents and summer vaccation both year round saving things and stops me from eating out every night of the week, but still gives me enough money to splurge now and then. I learned the system by reading a book from David Ramsey. interesting! if it works, that's great
smile.gif

I have reduced my credit card bills from $32,000 to $5,500 in 3 years that way and most of that time I was making less than $10,000 per year.

I have heard of that system, Jenny. My parents and in-laws are pretty big Dave Ramsey fans. We just make up our own budget spread sheet. It pretty much works for us.

Back