Bulu Box

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Hey guys- 

Don't know if you've heard of Bulu Box. It's a health box, not a beauty box, but I thought I would post some info here. I know how much we all love getting packages in the mail! This one was much more... approachable (?) than the fitness box that platinum box does. this might be their 2nd or 3rd month and I've seen people get different things so yours might not have the same stuff. 

here is what I got- 

Green tea Hawaii pineapple strawberry (i got 4 but already used 3- they're yummy!) 1.16 ea (based of price per 60ct box) for a total of  4.64

2 ola loa multi vitamin energy pack (1 in tropical, 1 in cran-raspberry)  1.16 ea (based on price per 30 ct box) or 2.32 total (you can sign up for a free sample on their website: drinkyourvitamins .com)

Detour whey protein bar in chocolate chip caramel: 1.39 based on price per 9 pack. This was the smaller 43g bar

4 packs of coromega omega 3+d in tropical orange (says it proven to be 300% better absorption vs a pill and doesn't taste like fish) and these have (2) $5 off your next purchase coupons. these are worth maybe .51 ea (if you buy 90 for 45.99) so it's worth about $2 

High intensity thermogenic: 21 pills. 6.93 (based on 30 bucks for 90 pills on amazon) 

overall about 17.28 plus some coupons. i think there is also a 25%off detour bars. like i said this one seems a little more approachable than platinum box. no sexual performance pills.

I got mine for free for following them on twitter using a code they emailed me (TWEET10) I also got another code for entering to win one ( woohoo10) I would think one or both of these would still be valid or just follow them and you'll probably get a code. they had a contest last week and I won a backpack from them (one of those cheaper bag ones) 

When you sign up they ask for your CC info- but once you put in the code the price is 0 and i didn't get charged anything. I emailed them using the 'contact us' email listed on their website to cancel and they emailed right back- easy peasy no big deal.

I'm not a rep for their company or anything- just passing along a free box if anyone's interested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score
I got one of these free a few months ago. I don't really remember what was in it, but I do remember compared to klutchclub, it was not the best fitness box.

Reaction score
The code does work still.. BUT it says on the top that the website is secure, but does not have a httpS:// website... which makes me think it is not a secure site.  that made me decide against getting the box

Reaction score
I received my free box in July and cancelled my subscription. I just got another box in the mail but my credit card was never charged. Has this happened to anyone else? My boyfriend and I subscribed the same day, and cancelled at different times, and he also received a second "free" one in the mail today.

Reaction score
I just subscribed to these guys today.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Klutchclub boxes, and this one also seemed up my alley. I figured that since I had a code for a free box(found somewhere in google. lol), I'd go ahead and try them for a few, to see what they were about.

From what I've seen, they have a lot of happy customers, but overall, aren't a "big" name in boxes right now. Anyone here subscribe to them? What do you think so far?

They gave me two choices, a regular or weight loss centered box, but no examples of what comes in each. I want something VERY fitness centered, with a little miscellaneous health and wellness thrown in. 

I picked the regular box for now, since I definitely don't want a bunch of caffeinated drinks and weight loss pills sent to me.

Reaction score
I got one of the regular boxes a while back and wasn't impressed because it was basically some small samples of supplements. If I'm going to try a sample of a supplement, I'd like it to have some information with it and more than one pill. Who can tell from one pill??? I saw they added a weight loss box so I ordered one of those last week to see how they compare.  I'm betting more of the same but since I found a free box code online, I decided to give it a whirl.

Reaction score
Received my first box. I got this FOR FREE, and still managed to be disappointed.

First of all, a gum filled with common sugar alcohols(any sugar free gum would be the same).

And then a handful of single use packets(most products stocked with large amounts of caffeine).

How in the hell can they claim this is for a healthy body? 

I had planned on subbing to this box as a supplement to my KlutchClub box(which I love), but I cancelled immediately.

I'll just stick with Klutchclub: Bigger, better quality, more varied samples and full sizes, for not much more per month.

I'm just glad I didn't pay for this.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Received my first box. I got this FOR FREE, and still managed to be disappointed.

First of all, a gum filled with common sugar alcohols(any sugar free gum would be the same).

And then a handful of single use packets(most products stocked with large amounts of caffeine).

I had planned on subbing to this box as a supplement to my KlutchClub box(which I love), but I cancelled immediately.

I'll just stick with Klutchclub: Bigger, better quality, more varied samples and full sizes, for not much more per month.

How does KLUTCHclub point program work?  Can you use them to shop in their store?

Reaction score
I'm not totally sure, since I have yet to actually use the points I've accrued, but I do know you can trade them in for free products on a rewards page. The rewards are all very nice, but I'm saving them for one of the really good rewards.

I don't *think* that you can use them in the store, but I could be wrong about that.

They do send coupon codes for their store out all the time, though.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received something different. No gum in mine. I received gum a few months ago, but it was Xylitol gum. I received Dream Water, Vitamin C tablets, Quickfire Energy power, Sinus Support capsules, $50 itrain.com credit, and Aero Energy Shot. 

I wondered if everyone received the same items...guess not. I haven't checked KlutchClub...I will, though.

Reaction score
I did the group on deal $15 for 3 months. I figured if it sucks I'm not out much.

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by lissa3243 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did the group on deal $15 for 3 months. I figured if it sucks I'm not out much.

I did a 3 month deal as well but it wasn't with Groupon.  I used a code from another poster on MUT and it ended up being $5 per box as well so I'm in the same boat as you where if it sucks, I'm not out much either.  Hoping for the best of course!  =P

Reaction score
I did a 3 month deal as well but it wasn't with Groupon.  I used a code from another poster on MUT and it ended up being $5 per box as well so I'm in the same boat as you where if it sucks, I'm not out much either.  Hoping for the best of course!  =P
Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised. I have seen some good stuff in the boxes before

Reaction score
I just signed up for this box, I got the weight loss box. I'm a little scared from some of the reviews I'm reading on here! I used the code 3 months for $20, wish I had seen the one for $15! Anyway, I hope it's good or I'm canceling and checking out Klutchclub! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score
I just got my last box of the 3 month sub and I'm not resubbing. 10000 different forms of caffeine and I got testosterone in this months box. What? My profile states I'm a woman wtf am I supposed to do with that. The only memorable thing that I really liked was the yummy vanilla whey powder.

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by lissa3243 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my last box of the 3 month sub and I'm not resubbing. 10000 different forms of caffeine and I got testosterone in this months box. What? My profile states I'm a woman wtf am I supposed to do with that. The only memorable thing that I really liked was the yummy vanilla whey powder.

Omgodd yes!  Bulu Box is just sooooo, soo bad all around for me.  The quality and quantity of 90% of the items just weren't for me or is really cheap overall.  It wasn't even worth the five bucks I paid for them.  I can't believe people would actually pay full price for these boxes and I wouldn't get it even if it's free.  The only thing I really liked were those chocolate caffeine/energy M&Ms type of candy and even then, I have gotten a few boxes for free (all three flavors) from the the actual company a while back.  This last month was just terrible all around and what a joke. 

Sorry if this offended anyone.  It's just not for me. That being said, I am glad I did get to try it out since I was curious about this sub and happy I got to try it out for cheap before committing to the full price and feeling beyond rip offed.

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by probablyedible /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omgodd yes!  Bulu Box is just sooooo, soo bad all around for me.  The quality and quantity of 90% of the items just weren't for me or is really cheap overall.  It wasn't even worth the five bucks I paid for them.  I can't believe people would actually pay full price for these boxes and I wouldn't get it even if it's free.  The only thing I really liked were those chocolate caffeine/energy M&Ms type of candy and even then, I have gotten a few boxes for free (all three flavors) from the the actual company a while back.  This last month was just terrible all around and what a joke. 

Sorry if this offended anyone.  It's just not for me. That being said, I am glad I did get to try it out since I was curious about this sub and happy I got to try it out for cheap before committing to the full price and feeling beyond rip offed.
Same for me! We found a coupon code for 50% off any sub and spent 30 dollars on 6 months, with the points system, we'll get it all back and I plan on spending it on Energems anyways...which I would have done either way. But the boxes are a huge let down. They are mainly for my guy, who doesn't even seem phased that they come anymore. He tears into his other boxes like it's nothing, but this one usually sits on our kitchen table for a week before I finally give in and check it out myself. Ugh. All of the products are free sample type products, I've seen them around, but the thing that irks me most is all of the advertisements in the box with the 10% off coupons.

Latest posts