bump on my cheek

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't really had zits since high school, I break out occasionally when I get my eyebrows waxed, but they are small zits.

So yesterday I got this hard bump on my cheek right next to my nose. I guess it's a zit, but it isn't the kind that you could pop or anything. It looks like a mosquito bite except that it doesn't itch and it hurts if I touch it. It's a little red, but nothing major. Mostly, it's just annoying me!

Does anyone know what it is and how I can get rid of it?!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I haven't really had zits since high school, I break out occasionally when I get my eyebrows waxed, but they are small zits.So yesterday I got this hard bump on my cheek right next to my nose. I guess it's a zit, but it isn't the kind that you could pop or anything. It looks like a mosquito bite except that it doesn't itch and it hurts if I touch it. It's a little red, but nothing major. Mostly, it's just annoying me!

Ugh... the dreaded "Underground Zit" as I like to call it... I hate those! It helps to keep putting a hot compress on it to help draw it out to the surface... also keep applying acne meds as you would for a regular pimple. It should surface in a few days... but these deep infections can be very painful - so try to keep your hands off, & try to keep it clean. I feel for ya!
redface.gif

i have kind of a similar bump on my cheek too. it's red and looks liek a mosquito bite, but it doesn't hurt. it's been there for a long time.
icon_mad.gif

Yuck...this monstrosity is going to turn into a zit?! OK well at least it will be gone. I can't stnad having things on my face!

I get these terrible, but mine is attributed to shaving and ingrowns. MAN they suck

Originally Posted by bonbon412

I haven't really had zits since high school, I break out occasionally when I get my eyebrows waxed, but they are small zits.So yesterday I got this hard bump on my cheek right next to my nose. I guess it's a zit, but it isn't the kind that you could pop or anything. It looks like a mosquito bite except that it doesn't itch and it hurts if I touch it. It's a little red, but nothing major. Mostly, it's just annoying me!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I get these terrible, but mine is attributed to shaving and ingrowns. MAN they suck Tony you have to exfoliate to get rid of those ingrown hairs! I get hoprrible ones on my bikini area after waxing and neosporin and an exfoliating scrub gets rid of them with in 2 days!

It probably is a zit, I get those on occasion ... with me, they also tend to last longer than my "regular" zits, those big ones usually stick around for at least a week, and they do tend to be very sore for a few days ... I don't know of any miracle cure for them, I just do my regular acne treatment and hope they go away soon!

OK so I don't know how, but the thing is totally gone. I can sorta feel where it was, but its totally invisible. Here is all I did...you will see how ghetto I can be with skin care...

I put a green tea bag on it for the hot water compress part. I don't know why, but green tea is good for you and I was drinking some and the bag was hot! I did that once for maybe 5 min. Then I put neosporin on it maybe 5 times total. I also did a cucumber mask thing. I don't have any zit medication so I used that instead. Well it's gone now so I guess I freaked out over nothing! I bet you guys are thinking I'm exagerating, but it was seriously the size of my nostril!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I bet you guys are thinking I'm exagerating, but it was seriously the size of my nostril! LOL
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Neosporin is an antibiotic ointment that you would put on a cut or scrape to fight off or prevent infections. One time I had this tiny little pimple in my eyebrow (it was sooooo painful) and nothing I put on it helped. I was rummaging through the drawers in the bathroom looking for anything that might help and came across the tube of Neosporin. I put on a dab before bed and when I woke up the next morning it was gone. AMAZING!

Originally Posted by ~maya~ i get bumbs on my cheeks too.. n i never knew how to get rid of them thx!and neosporin is not a acne medication rite? and how often did u use it ?

Originally Posted by elljmz Neosporin is an antibiotic ointment that you would put on a cut or scrape to fight off or prevent infections. One time I had this tiny little pimple in my eyebrow (it was sooooo painful) and nothing I put on it helped. I was rummaging through the drawers in the bathroom looking for anything that might help and came across the tube of Neosporin. I put on a dab before bed and when I woke up the next morning it was gone. AMAZING! Neosporin's great! I used it on my back when I got my tattoo & it healed perfectly in like only 1-2 days!
smile.gif

Yeah neosporin is awesome! When I got my belly button pierced, they told me not to put neosporin on it, but then it sorta got infected, the piercing itself was OK, but all around it, my stomach turned bright red and it kept growing. I put neosporin on it once and the redness was gone the next morning.

I think I'm gonna use it on all breakouts. And green tea...it's funny, that repost that Tony put with some summer tips or something (it was posted maybe yesterday?) actually has something saying to put tea bags on breakouts because of the tannic acid so I guess that must have been a good move! I'm gonna try it out everytime now!

neosporin is good when you put it over a bump, especially if it's one that you picked at
icon_redface.gif
. it helps not give any scars. i know to hold a cotton swab with visin(sp?) on red bumps to help with the redness.

i have one of those zits on my chin as we speak. it just came around yesterday. at least it's small but it hurts like a witch. hopefullyit will be gone soon.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i have one of those zits on my chin as we speak. it just came around yesterday. at least it's small but it hurts like a witch. hopefullyit will be gone soon. i have one on my cheek that i've been trying to get. but at least it doesn't hurt.

Originally Posted by Liz i have one on my cheek that i've been trying to get. but at least it doesn't hurt. mine only hurts if i touch it lol but at least this one is smaller than the humongo ones i usually get.

Latest posts

Back