• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Butter London at Nordstrom Rack!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to Nordstrom Rack today & found some Butter London Holiday sets!
It's not a bad deal for the Nail Polish set because it's normally $14 each, this is almost like buy one get two free! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

U G H I HATE YOU WHY DID YOU TELL ME THIS. I was going to stop myself from buying polish / BUY THING GENERAL this month.

Now I'm going to Nordstrom Rack tomorrow to scout this out. Though considering it's the one in the middle of NYC, I doubt people wouldn't have picked it clean already.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

U G H I HATE YOU WHY DID YOU TELL ME THIS. I was going to stop myself from buying polish / BUY THING GENERAL this month.

Now I'm going to Nordstrom Rack tomorrow to scout this out. Though considering it's the one in the middle of NYC, I doubt people wouldn't have picked it clean already.
lol! I told myself I was going to stop too, but it's such a good deal! Maybe if it's picked clean, it forces you to stop yourself? haha

wow... just might have to swing to san leandro tomorrow. I think someone mentioned they have caudalie there now too?

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow... just might have to swing to san leandro tomorrow. I think someone mentioned they have caudalie there now too?
I went to the San Leandro one and Colma one today. I didn't see Caudalie, but both has Butter London :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to the San Leandro one and Colma one today. I didn't see Caudalie, but both has Butter London :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
dang - you were all over the bay! good to know that caudalie was mia there though.

I saw the first kit in ulta several weeks ago. The price tag was $19 or so. You got the best deal

Eeeee..... there's a Nordstrom's Rack walking distance from my apartment.  I'm thinking I might need to put some pants on and wander over there.  Those polishes are so pretty!

How strong of a scent are their removers? Do they work well? I am using acetone ones just because they work so well and not fond of the Sally Beauty ones that has an added scent that just lingers.

Does San Leandro have any other colors?

Originally Posted by AliMo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How strong of a scent are their removers? Do they work well? I am using acetone ones just because they work so well and not fond of the Sally Beauty ones that has an added scent that just lingers.

I got he Powder Room scented one as part of a kit, and that scent was stronger than napalm. Will never use that remover  again....

Originally Posted by AliMo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't buy the removers so I don't know. I love Zoya's Remover so I use that. The San Leandro has that set, and another Sparkle Sparkle set. They also have the Butter London & Lippy combo, or a set of 3 Lippy's.

I didn't buy the removers so I don't know. I love Zoya's Remover so I use that. The San Leandro has that set, and another Sparkle Sparkle set. They also have the Butter London & Lippy combo, or a set of 3 Lippy's.

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got he Powder Room scented one as part of a kit, and that scent was stronger than napalm. Will never use that remover  again....
Thanks! Saved me a trip to the Rack and we all know once you go to the Rack, you buy more than the product you went in for. Nail products smell enough, so I think will skip scented removers. I hid in the garage to put on polish last week because it was too cold to open a window. lol

Welp, no success with the NR near me. Clearly it was not meant to be and it was God's sign for me to Stop Spending Money this month.

I did see the NARS Wicked Attraction and Midsummer's Dream sets for about $35 each, so if you're interested in those... Also saw the big sexy hair hairspray in ipsy bags this month.

woo, I go to the Colma one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> its right down the road from my bf's apt. I really need to stop shopping though, I am planning a big purchase in February while we are in Vegas, at the Balenciaga at the Forum shops

New York ladies, sighting alert!

I went there after work today because uh I was going to buy stuff at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and got off the at the Union Sq stop, so I figured I might as well stop in.

Apparently they just got them yesterday, so grab them if you want them. I wouldn't be surprised if they went fast.

I decided to be good and grabbed two of the sets of three -- 6 polishes for $32! (BTW has anyone else noticed the price has risen to $15 USD :C ). I held out on the lippies because I'm not into lip gloss but some of them were so pretty >_<

'

New York ladies, sighting alert!

I went there after work today because uh I was going to buy stuff at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and got off the at the Union Sq stop, so I figured I might as well stop in.

Apparently they just got them yesterday, so grab them if you want them. I wouldn't be surprised if they went fast.

I decided to be good and grabbed two of the sets of three -- 6 polishes for $32! (BTW has anyone else noticed the price has risen to $15 USD :C ). I held out on the lippies because I'm not into lip gloss but some of them were so pretty >_<

'
Whoa, so well stocked there & organized! lol. There were 3 different sets of nail polish?

Whoa, so well stocked there & organized! lol. There were 3 different sets of nail polish?
No, there were two sets of three (Shambolic, Jack the Lad, & Scuppered / Rosie Lee, Fairy Cake, & The Black Knight) for $15. There were also lippie sets of three for $15, but I didn't look too closely with those because not interested in lip gloss XD; They also had the lippie+polish matched duos for $12ish and the shower gel sets of three.

I'm guessing they were organized because they just got there yestersday. When I went on Friday, the section was a hot mess lol. I'm guessing they reorganized to deal with the shipment :3

No, there were two sets of three (Shambolic, Jack the Lad, & Scuppered / Rosie Lee, Fairy Cake, & The Black Knight) for $15. There were also lippie sets of three for $15, but I didn't look too closely with those because not interested in lip gloss XD; They also had the lippie+polish matched duos for $12ish and the shower gel sets of three.

I'm guessing they were organized because they just got there yestersday. When I went on Friday, the section was a hot mess lol. I'm guessing they reorganized to deal with the shipment :3
Ohhh, I misread your post, my bad! lol. I only got the one with Shambolic, Jack the Lad & Scuppered. The other set seems more like layering glitters to me. I was tempted to get the red nail polish with matching lippy, but I hate the scent of their lippy's D:

Ohhh, I misread your post, my bad! lol. I only got the one with Shambolic, Jack the Lad & Scuppered. The other set seems more like layering glitters to me. I was tempted to get the red nail polish with matching lippy, but I hate the scent of their lippy's D:
They're actually pretty close to full coverage with two layers. Scrangie has some really lovely swatches of them: http://www.scrangie.com/2012/10/butter-london-holiday-2012-nail-lacquer.html

I think my favourite is probably going to be Jack the Lad. I was ont he fence about getting Zoya Logan (and passed it up with the Zoya sale) but green is my favourite *_*.Scrangie's pictures of Shambolic are also much more purple than it actually is. >: mine is more purple-magenta

Latest posts

Back