Buying condoms.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would complain,and Mom should be happy that you are being responsible and using protection.

i had this problem when i was young. EVERYBODY new my dad.. so i went out of town to the next town to the family health clinic and in the bathroom there they had a big BAG full of condoms and i would just bring my purse in there and fill up.. you dont have to have an appoitment or anything. i just walked in and said do you have a bath room they pinted to the left and there it was easy as that. and i left the condoms in my mans glove box

i new all my dads tricks and i was not gunna get cought cause good lord i would have been dead.. so i was extra extra careful on tings

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would complain,and Mom should be happy that you are being responsible and using protection. Yes! So don't worry, parents always have problems realizing that their children aren't toddlers anymore - You shouldn't worry, and you should complain if you want!
wink.gif

I think it was very rude for her to say anything. If anything I would be proud of you no matter what age you are that you got condoms. These days a lot of underage teens take risks and end up pregnant with a child they don't want. At least you are playing it safe.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif it's rude, but illegal. sorry
frown.gif
You mean LEGAL, right?

I would call and complain and tell the manager to let his employees know that their customers expect to be able to shop there without there purchases being gossiped about.

I am not really sure if it is legal where you reside, but when I was growing up (not that long ago), there was a health care center that would give out free condoms. The only thing they asked in return was to get a general survey done (age, gender, how long been active, how many partners and so on) - and it was completely anonymous. Might be worth a check out.

i agree with nox, i would totally return the favor and snitch her to her boss.

ITA with thais about your rights..

I don't think it is fair for her to have told your mom, my best friend used to go to a planned parenthood, (she was 22) and the women at the receptionist desk knew her family and her mother the most, so she told her mom she saw her and that she went for a pregnancy test, her mom actually kicked her out, but it turned out she was only getting one so she could get on BC but she failed to mention that to her mom.. It isn't legal, it's just not her business if you wanted your mom to know you would have told her yourself..

it's so unprofessional and probably against store policy, but not illegal. it's just condoms. I mean, you have to buy them somewhere. I wouldn't worry too much about it. report her to the store and shop elsewhere. condoms shouldn't have such a negative stigma.

I would probably return to the store and ask to speak to the manager. I'm quite certain an action like that can get her fired--or at least get her on bad terms with the higher-ups there. That's complete bull that someone would do that.

People wonder why young adults don't use protection when they have sex? Perhaps because the majority of adults instead gawk at young adults when they do the mature thing of purchasing condoms. Tsk tsk.

I purchase my own condoms, and always have. I have never been bothered by it, no matter what my age was at the time. I don't even go the extra length to by 'fluff' items to try to disguise the condoms. Hell, I stand in the condom aisle for a LONG time just deciding what type I feel like purchasing.

Pfft, don't be ashamed to have purchased something that is HIGHLY important in safe sex. If your mother asks, just be honest with her. Tell her that when the time is right for you to engage in sexual activity you want to be safe, and the fact that the ignorant old hag at the drugstore would even open her mouth is appalling. End of story. *angry face*

I believe it is actually illegal. Pharmacists have legality laws just like doctors. If you're really serious, I guess you could press charges, but I'm sure your mother would be upset.

Wow, odd. For starters, it isn't illegal, but very unprofessional. I would go back to the same store and ask to speak to the manager.

Even if you are underage you are able to buy condoms and deserve the same privacy as any other customer.

I remember I was buying some at WalMart once and the woman tried to ID me, lol, I informed her there's no age restrictions (I was 20 at the time) on condoms and I would like to speak to her manager.

Back