Buying condoms.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So one day I decided to buy a pack of condoms.

the lady at the store snitched at me to my mom.

so... is that even ****ing legal?

I don't know if this is the right forum... so sorry if it's not.

Ok here's what I think

It is legal, because the pharmacist isnt a doctor, who has a patient-doctoer confidentiality agreement with you. It is, however, unethical not to mention unproffessional.

You might have been buying them for a friend, or anything! how rude! I'd have been angry and I would certainly NEVER go to that chemist again

I assume that your mother knew the chemist involved

i'm thinking the same thing, did you know she knew your mom? cuz if you did then you kinda walked into that one but if you didnt know then yeah that was pretty unprofessional.

ouch. I am so paranoid about that. Tip* never buy condom in an area where you are well known. I leave all the condom buying to Chris, now.

Whoa..I'd be pissed! How would you even bring that up to someones Mom? "Hey Suzy how's it goin'...I saw little Lisa last night buying Magnums...so how's the remodel coming along?

Regardless of legality, the terms of ethics was definitely breeched (it was not a drug you were buying, so I don't know if Condoms are covered by the law of confidentiality). Friend or no friend of your mother, that is a bridge that needs not to be crossed. If I were in your position, I would contact the store and let them know that I would know longer offer them my patronage.

You may want to call management about this particular incident. State the name of the employee who caused the offense and the nature of it, they may get severely reprimanded.

yeah i wouldnt buy something at the local pharmacy if i didnt want anyone to know about it.

The store proably has privacy rules that the employee should have followed. So make a complaint to the management. As far as your parents go, its not really much of their business why you bought them, but they should be concerned about your well being. They should be proud of you for getting them. Imagine how sad it would be if you had unprotected sex because you were too scared to go to the store to buy them!

Well, your mother is still legally responsible for you and your actions since you are a minor. IMO, this wouldn't have been an issue if you were upfront with your mom to begin with. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's just my opinion.

You should complain - but to the owner of the store or the district manager if it is a chain. Sometimes the manager of the store will make excuses for their employees.

But owners and district managers aren't biased and will definately listen to you. In fact, they may have received other complaints about the same employee and will take action.

Good Luck

The woman did nothing illegal but it was unethical for her to tell your mom. Next time, go to a different store (We usually get them from Wal-Mart because you can get the 12 pack for $5! I like good buys! lol).

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif In college, when I bought them, I bought like 10 other things I didnt need so it wouldnt stand out so much, LOL. LOL! Yeh, I used to buy them with toothpaste for some reason...
brsh.gif

And yeh, that's rude - If that pharmacist doesn't own the place, you should come to the manager and complain - what do you got to lose now?

When I dont think there is anything in the law about it, however, it was certanly rude and innapropriate! You could complain to the store's manager or something like that. Minors have the right to seek medical advice for birth control, pregnancy issues and STD treatment without having their parents informed... So buying a condom shouldnt be something that would trigger a drugstore cashier to go talk to your mom. It was innapropriate for sure.

Latest posts

Back