Cake mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried La Femme Cake Mascara? It seems interesting because you can sterlize the brush unlike the conventional mascara which is good as you don't have to worry about replacing it every 3 months.

They are pretty cheap like..7-8 bux.

i've never head of it but it sounds intersting! Hopefully someone can tell us about it because if you may recall MASCARA IS SOMETHING I CAN BUY WHILE ON MY NO BUY!!!

Well, i just bought it today online as i was intrigued and if i don't like it..what's 7 bux anyway. So, when i do receive it, i'll be able to do my lil review. Hehehe, so you haven't succumb to any cosmetic buying yet?

Originally Posted by lummerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, i just bought it today online as i was intrigued and if i don't like it..what's 7 bux anyway. So, when i do receive it, i'll be able to do my lil review. Hehehe, so you haven't succumb to any cosmetic buying yet? i've been very good!! i'm so proud. but i am going to need mascara soon. let me know how it works!

I've always wondered about cake mascara's, so I'll be interested to see how you like it.

I've always wanted to try cake mascara, but from what I understand it just darkens lashes, doesn't give volume, which is what I LOVE about mascara. I can't wait to hear how it goes & hopefully see pics
smile.gif

Alrighty then....I'm pretty excited and can't wait! I'll let all of ya know how it goes and even post some pics as well!

ive seen it before, and have always wanted to buy it. but whenever i want to i chicken out.

i know the brand lola (available at ulta) has a cake mascara.

I have the La Femme cake mascara. It's basically a waxy cake (you get lots of product) with a stiff brush. The brush is flat and looks nothing like a regular mascara brush. You wet the brush and swipe over the mascara cake. I like volume in my mascara and cake mascara does not provide that. All it really does is darken and just defines your lashes a little. It's not that water resistant either so if your eyes water it's not for you.

I remember my mum telling me about cake mascara - that's what they used when she was young,I think it was the only kind you could get before the tube ones were invented. She said you wet the cake and then scrubbed the brush on it and applied. I asked what she used to wet it, like water, and she said they all just used spit! Lol! I guess they didn't know about bacteria back then lol.

I've never used it but it looks interesting. Let us know how you like it/don't like it
smile.gif

Basically its just a tint, I never had a problem with it clumping my lashes together

I have never tried La Femme but I love IsaDora's Cake Mascara. I never use ordinary mascara because my eyes are easily irritated but I have never had a problem with this one.
smile.gif

Is the brush similiar to a fan brush for the cake mascara? Some say that the fan brush works better than regular mascara wand?

I heard some people use ben nye liquiset with it to make it water resistant and a little bit of translucent powder if you want volume.

I seen it before, but I don't know much about it, so make sure you write a review.

I'm really dating myself, but this is how mascara was first packaged. It came with a little brush and we'd add a little water, kind of like the water paints kids have in school, and then apply it.

I would imagine one of the advantages is that you can control the consistency of the mascara. I'll be curious to hear how the "new" cake mascara is.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif How is it for clumping and sticking lashes together, togal? I had no problem with clumping because you can't really overload the brush no matter how much you swipe the brush on the mascara cake. My lashes were separated and didn't stick together.

Originally Posted by togal /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have the La Femme cake mascara. It's basically a waxy cake (you get lots of product) with a stiff brush. The brush is flat and looks nothing like a regular mascara brush. You wet the brush and swipe over the mascara cake. I like volume in my mascara and cake mascara does not provide that. All it really does is darken and just defines your lashes a little. It's not that water resistant either so if your eyes water it's not for you. Nah, I'll pass then... Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back