California Fires....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got up this morning, there were fires in 5 of the 7 counties in SoCal were on fire. Many of them are due to suspected arson! What kind of f*ckery is going on the minds of these people when they set things on fire like this? How do they take pleasure from this?

Anyway, right now I am in my office in Newport Beach, and even though I'm literally right next to the ocean, the air is getting pretty bad. The sky is now bright orange. It looks kinda cool in a freaky way, but we've got these self proclaimed resurrectionists proselytizing in the building right now, talking about how Armageddon is on its way. Oy. Where is Security when you need them?

I drove home looking at three, huge, patches of smoke on the mountains, one in front of me, one to my left and the other to my rear left. Traffic is nuts and to top it all off, I had to do some maneuvering around fallen debris (trees and what not) as I tried to get to my house. I was so scared that a branch would fall on my car. Eep.

that's crazy scary. A lot of arson is the reason for major fires in Oz too. Wth are they thinking?
frown.gif

They look terrible!!! We don't have fires in PA... or mud slides.... earth quakes....
biggrin.gif
lol

So scary! I hope all of our MuTers are ok. I've been watching the news about this for the past 3 days. They are estimating 6 deaths, countless injuries and some people had to leave their pets behind.
frown.gif

It's horrible on TV. I can't imagine how scary it must be to be there. How are our SoCal MUT'ers doing? Check in with us, OK!!!!

My wife said that a helicopter was watching the fire.. Police or sate reps or news... And they saw a guy on a motorcycle ride up and set another fire!! Appearently they captured him soon after.. Amazing!!

its so awful, i feel so bad for the families that are displaced, i used to live in san diego and i cant help but think that coulda been us ! for all of you affected by the firestorm, my prayers are with you!

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif My wife said that a helicopter was watching the fire.. Police or sate reps or news... And they saw a guy on a motorcycle ride up and set another fire!! Appearently they captured him soon after.. Amazing!!
whipping.gif

i keep thinking the title of the thread says fries instied of fires.

the wind is supposed to go away starting today, so it should be a lot better from now on in CA.

My husband rushed to our family home in Del Mar, CA, to save photo albums. We live in Baltimore, Maryland, and weren't sure he would get there ahead of the fires. They moved SO FAST on Monday! We were lucky- the fires did not make it to the coast. They got within 2-3 miles of us. While we were lucky, my heart goes out to all the people who have lost their homes, and to all of the thousands of people who are still evacuated that don't even know yet. I am so proud of my fellow San Diegans (I am only temporarily exiled to the East coast!) who have shown such grace of character. What a wonderful thing to have everyone working together, not turning upon one another. We have SUCH A WONDERFUL CITY!

My husband took this photo Tuesday night from our home in Del Mar. He said that the smoke broke very briefly, just long enough to take this beautiful photo. As one of my co-workers said, "beauty always finds a way to shine through."

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Southern California.

OMG...So I've finally seen this on the news and it is heartbreaking. I hope all our socal MUTers are safe and sound.

Latest posts

Back