Calling all MAC Fluidline Users!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I was wondering for those of you that use Mac Fluidline eyeliner, what brush do you use to line the lower inner rim of your eye?

I'm currently using a damp lip brush (b/c it's the smallest brush i have) & while it works, I would prefer a brush with smaller/finer bristles for a more precise application. I also have tried using one of my stiff straight eyeliner brushes & found it too difficult to work with.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Try MAC's angled brush (#266), or their eyeliner brush (#209). Personally, I like 209 better because its synthetic fibre: Fluidline and other liquid eyeliners wash off really well and don't get stuck on the bristles (unlike the real hair, IMO).

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charmaine Ikebana, do you work in a makeup counter, or do you have your own company? You're so knowledgeable. Thank you! I've worked at MAC (I still do freelance with them here in NYC everyonce in a while if I'm not at school), and I also used to work at Sephora and the Chanel counter in Hawaii. But now I'm at NYU so I don't have a lot of time to work even part time anymore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh no wonder you know so much about MAC too! Yeah but I'm a little biased
...I think MAC is the greatest!!!!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ikebana Yeah but I'm a little biased
So do I!

Reaction score
Yea!! I am glad to have you on this site. I only met MAC when I joined MuT and I fell in love quickly and now it consumes my train cases.

Originally Posted by ikebana Yeah but I'm a little biased

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kerri Yea!! I am glad to have you on this site. I only met MAC when I joined MuT and I fell in love quickly and now it consumes my train cases. Thanks
...I know... once you go MAC you can't go back! teehehee

Liz

Reaction score
i like my 208 angled brow brush. it's thinner than the 266, so you get a smaller line.

Reaction score
I actually use the one that came with the Benefit Shelaq set.

I use the one second from the right. I really like it.

Reaction score
Trisha I use Stila's #4 but with Smudgepots and I can't do a good line on my lower lashes!
I have problem because I have small eyes and I have to draw a very very very thin tiny line otherwise my eyes look smaller!!!

Originally Posted by Trisha hate to be the exception, but ive tried MAC and have gone back! LOL
i use Stila #4 or MAC 311 for inner rims x

Reaction score
That's OK Trisha,I think I'll have to keep o practising with the Smudepots otherwise I 'll return to pencils again!!I want to try Mac's Coffee eye pencil!!Has anone try it?Is it good?

Originally Posted by Trisha something like smudgepot or fluidline is always gona give a more defined line compared to e/s or pencil, i got the thinnest line with MAC's 210 brush but its d/c now, sorry x

Reaction score
thank you everyone for your responses!

Originally Posted by ikebana Try MAC's eyeliner brush (#209). Personally, I like 209 better because its synthetic fibre: Fluidline and other liquid eyeliners wash off really well and don't get stuck on the bristles (unlike the real hair, IMO).
i think this one is my best bet. i'm gonna go check it out in person tomorrow.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sophia Trisha I use Stila's #4 but with Smudgepots and I can't do a good line on my lower lashes!
I have problem because I have small eyes and I have to draw a very very very thin tiny line otherwise my eyes look smaller!!! With smudgepots I use the #4 to do my upper lashes, then I use a push brush like#13 to do my lower lashes. I get a much finer line with #13 on my lower lashes than I can with the #4. I always dab some of the colour off on the back of my hand first.

Reaction score
I use Bobbi Browns Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush with my fluidlines!

Reaction score
i use my mac 209 brush and the 311 brush i love the 311 it's a bit firmer than the 209

Reaction score
i tried using cheap liner brushes for the Fluidlines but they were too flimsy for me. i like a firmer bristle for them personally but the 266 brush is too thick of a line so then i got the 311 and the 209 and i love them

Reaction score
At the moment i use BB Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush but i wanna get MAC's #311 lip brush for that job

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laura At the moment i use BB Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush but i wanna get MAC's #311 lip brush for that job Laura, the 311 brush is awesome for lining. I want to get another just so i have one that i can use for wet lining my pigments on my eyes.

Latest posts