Calling all MAC Fluidline Users!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering for those of you that use Mac Fluidline eyeliner, what brush do you use to line the lower inner rim of your eye?

I'm currently using a damp lip brush (b/c it's the smallest brush i have) & while it works, I would prefer a brush with smaller/finer bristles for a more precise application. I also have tried using one of my stiff straight eyeliner brushes & found it too difficult to work with.

Thanks.

Try MAC's angled brush (#266), or their eyeliner brush (#209). Personally, I like 209 better because its synthetic fibre: Fluidline and other liquid eyeliners wash off really well and don't get stuck on the bristles (unlike the real hair, IMO).
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Ikebana, do you work in a makeup counter, or do you have your own company? You're so knowledgeable. Thank you! I've worked at MAC (I still do freelance with them here in NYC everyonce in a while if I'm not at school), and I also used to work at Sephora and the Chanel counter in Hawaii. But now I'm at NYU so I don't have a lot of time to work even part time anymore
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh no wonder you know so much about MAC too! Yeah but I'm a little biased
icon_redface.gif
...I think MAC is the greatest!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by ikebana Yeah but I'm a little biased
icon_redface.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
So do I!

Yea!! I am glad to have you on this site. I only met MAC when I joined MuT and I fell in love quickly and now it consumes my train cases.

Originally Posted by ikebana Yeah but I'm a little biased
icon_redface.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by kerri Yea!! I am glad to have you on this site. I only met MAC when I joined MuT and I fell in love quickly and now it consumes my train cases. Thanks
icon_lol.gif
...I know... once you go MAC you can't go back! teehehee

i like my 208 angled brow brush. it's thinner than the 266, so you get a smaller line.

I actually use the one that came with the Benefit Shelaq set.

P1288_hero.jpg

I use the one second from the right. I really like it.

Trisha I use Stila's #4 but with Smudgepots and I can't do a good line on my lower lashes!
icon_sad.gif
I have problem because I have small eyes and I have to draw a very very very thin tiny line otherwise my eyes look smaller!!!

Originally Posted by Trisha hate to be the exception, but ive tried MAC and have gone back! LOL
i use Stila #4 or MAC 311 for inner rims x

That's OK Trisha,I think I'll have to keep o practising with the Smudepots otherwise I 'll return to pencils again!!I want to try Mac's Coffee eye pencil!!Has anone try it?Is it good?

Originally Posted by Trisha something like smudgepot or fluidline is always gona give a more defined line compared to e/s or pencil, i got the thinnest line with MAC's 210 brush but its d/c now, sorry x

thank you everyone for your responses!

Originally Posted by ikebana Try MAC's eyeliner brush (#209). Personally, I like 209 better because its synthetic fibre: Fluidline and other liquid eyeliners wash off really well and don't get stuck on the bristles (unlike the real hair, IMO).
icon_biggrin.gif
i think this one is my best bet. i'm gonna go check it out in person tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Sophia Trisha I use Stila's #4 but with Smudgepots and I can't do a good line on my lower lashes!
icon_sad.gif
I have problem because I have small eyes and I have to draw a very very very thin tiny line otherwise my eyes look smaller!!! With smudgepots I use the #4 to do my upper lashes, then I use a push brush like#13 to do my lower lashes. I get a much finer line with #13 on my lower lashes than I can with the #4. I always dab some of the colour off on the back of my hand first.

i use my mac 209 brush and the 311 brush i love the 311 it's a bit firmer than the 209

i tried using cheap liner brushes for the Fluidlines but they were too flimsy for me. i like a firmer bristle for them personally but the 266 brush is too thick of a line so then i got the 311 and the 209 and i love them

At the moment i use BB Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush but i wanna get MAC's #311 lip brush for that job

Originally Posted by Laura At the moment i use BB Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush but i wanna get MAC's #311 lip brush for that job Laura, the 311 brush is awesome for lining. I want to get another just so i have one that i can use for wet lining my pigments on my eyes.

Latest posts

Back