calling all mascara experts!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love you lashes!

As far as eye make up remover, I swear by MAC's wipes and their PRO eye make-up remover. I usually use the wipes first and if I still see that I have some make up left, I use the make-up remover. I have really sensitive eyes (I wear contact lenses) and I love these two products.

HTH!

I think your lashes look awesome as I told you before
icon_smile.gif
I use Mac to clean my mascara when I get a waterproof mascara. I don't get it very often, only when I have too
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby No, we do not need therapy!
biggrin.gif
no, you´re right. we need good mascaras
tongue.gif

Just toss the WP stuff. It can be deadly to your lashes. Try Lancome mascaras. They're all really good and wash off easily.

Originally Posted by Arielle here´s the deal: I bought L´Oreal Lash Architect today. I usually never buy waterproof formulas, but they only had the WP kind so I just got it anyway.
it applied ok, it was a little messy, I got clumps on the tips of my lashes only (how weird,right?) and it curled my lashes to the absolute MAXimum (even weirder). I thought my lashes were gonna roll up!

Question1: what´s the best remover for WF mascaras? (It took me ages to get it off with my regular remover, I even pulled at my lashes but the mascara was hard as rocks)

Question2: is there such thing as TOO curled lashes? (see my FOTD, I´m wearing it on it. sorry my cam is not good enough for close up shots)

cause I though it looks a little weird. my lashes are naturally curled up but this was way too much in my opinion

or should I just throw this mascara away? does anyone use this?

Originally Posted by monniej

Just toss the WP stuff. It can be deadly to your lashes. Try Lancome mascaras. They're all really good and wash off easily.

Welcome to MakeupTalk!

in the states the new trend is to add individual lashes semi-permanently. not my cup of tea, but i've had many people ask me if my lashes are real and i use nothing but Lancome.

Originally Posted by Arielle no, you´re right. we need good mascaras
tongue.gif

Welcome to Mut
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by monniej Just toss the WP stuff. It can be deadly to your lashes. Try Lancome mascaras. They're all really good and wash off easily.

Originally Posted by monniej in the states the new trend is to add individual lashes semi-permanently. not my cup of tea, but i've had many people ask me if my lashes are real and i use nothing but Lancome. Lancome mascaras are on my list. the idea of adding lashes sounds cool, and it would be perfect for me cause I don´t have many lashes.oh, and a big WELCOME!!!

How do you add individual lashes semi-permanently? How long do they last?

Originally Posted by monniej in the states the new trend is to add individual lashes semi-permanently. not my cup of tea, but i've had many people ask me if my lashes are real and i use nothing but Lancome.

I don´t get that good results with Lash Arcithect, my lashes just get short, straight clumpy and kind of "stumpy"-looking, actually the worst result I´ve got from a mascara... I havn´t tried the WP one, just the regular one, and that was hard enought to remove. So keep it and be happy if you find something that removes it easily, but if you don´t I don´t think it´s worth to ruin your lashes with...

//Jenny

Question 1- Lumene makes a great waterproof eye makeup remover that's fairly priced. You can get it at CVS. Similar product is Lancome Bi-Facial. I like both a lot. I'm currently using Clarins Instant eye makeup remover and it works really well too.

Question 2- I think there can be too curled lashes. I've seen that on some women where they have overcurled them with a curler but I don't think a mascara alone can make the lashes look too curled.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Question 1- Lumene makes a great waterproof eye makeup remover that's fairly priced. You can get it at CVS. Similar product is Lancome Bi-Facial. I like both a lot. I'm currently using Clarins Instant eye makeup remover and it works really well too.
Question 2- I think there can be too curled lashes. I've seen that on some women where they have overcurled them with a curler but I don't think a mascara alone can make the lashes look too curled.

thanks for the tips. btw (I guess you get that questioin a lot) is that your natural hair color? love the new avatar!!!!

i'm using talika lipocils to see if that helps grow my lashes.

i tried the diorshow last night, it made one eye look spidery and one eye look nice
icon_eek.gif
icon_question.gif
i think it was because it was the frist time i used it and it had more mascara on it for the first eye

I really don't like Lash Architect, and generally I'm not too picky when it comes to mascaras. However, this clumped really badly for me, and I swear it made my lashes look short, which is weird because I have really long lashes. It was also hard to remove, so I tossed it after a couple of tries. No sense in using something I hate!
tongue.gif

The best remover I've found is Lancome Bi Facil, but I see you've tried that. I want to try the Neutrogena one now!

Latest posts

Back