calling all mascara experts!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here´s the deal: I bought L´Oreal Lash Architect today. I usually never buy waterproof formulas, but they only had the WP kind so I just got it anyway.

it applied ok, it was a little messy, I got clumps on the tips of my lashes only (how weird,right?) and it curled my lashes to the absolute MAXimum (even weirder). I thought my lashes were gonna roll up!

Question1: what´s the best remover for WF mascaras? (It took me ages to get it off with my regular remover, I even pulled at my lashes but the mascara was hard as rocks)

Question2: is there such thing as TOO curled lashes? (see my FOTD, I´m wearing it on it. sorry my cam is not good enough for close up shots)

cause I though it looks a little weird. my lashes are naturally curled up but this was way too much in my opinion

or should I just throw this mascara away? does anyone use this?

Originally Posted by Arielle here´s the deal: I bought L´Oreal Lash Architect today. I usually never buy waterproof formulas, but they only had the WP kind so I just got it anyway.
it applied ok, it was a little messy, I got clumps on the tips of my lashes only (how weird,right?) and it curled my lashes to the absolute MAXimum (even weirder). I thought my lashes were gonna roll up!

Question1: what´s the best remover for WF mascaras? (It took me ages to get it off with my regular remover, I even pulled at my lashes but the mascara was hard as rocks)

Question2: is there such thing as TOO curled lashes? (see my FOTD, I´m wearing it on it. sorry my cam is not good enough for close up shots)

cause I though it looks a little weird. my lashes are naturally curled up but this was way too much in my opinion

Havent tried that one yet,but i swear by loreal's voluminous mascara,they have the original and the curved wand.My fave is still MAC'S fibre rich

Originally Posted by Arielle here´s the deal: I bought L´Oreal Lash Architect today. I usually never buy waterproof formulas, but they only had the WP kind so I just got it anyway.

My mom & I both tried this when it first came out and we both hated it. The clumping was the major problem we had. I don't remember any curling, but it's been a long time. We did not have the waterproof formula though.
The best removers for waterproof mascaras are the dual phase eye makeup removers. My favorite is Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. Second to that, I like Clinique Take the Day Off.

And yes, I definitely think there is such a thing as too curly for lashes. Yours look a little to curly for daytime, but I think it would be a good look for going out.

Originally Posted by spazbaby My mom & I both tried this when it first came out and we both hated it. The clumping was the major problem we had. I don't remember any curling, but it's been a long time. We did not have the waterproof formula though.
The best removers for waterproof mascaras are the dual phase eye makeup removers. My favorite is Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. Second to that, I like Clinique Take the Day Off.

And yes, I definitely think there is such a thing as too curly for lashes. Yours look a little to curly for daytime, but I think it would be a good look for going out.

yeah I guess I could live with the curliness at night as it really opens of your eyes.I guess I already had a pretty good eye mu-remover (Lancome Bi Facil). maybe it´s just THIS mascara´s WP-formula.

and you´re right, the clumping is bad but on me it clumped mainly at the lashtips and I don´t mind if my lashes look a little (!) spidery if it´s at night.

Originally Posted by charms23 Ok, I looked more closely at your FOTD...your lashes look great! They actually look so good that it looks like fake lashes. I don't think they're too curled. thanks Charmaine. maybe I just have to get used to the "new" look and save this mascara for special occasions as it´s almost impossible for me to get it off with the remover I have.

Originally Posted by Arielle yeah I guess I could live with the curliness at night as it really opens of your eyes.I guess I already had a pretty good eye mu-remover (Lancome Bi Facil). maybe it´s just THIS mascara´s WP-formula.

and you´re right, the clumping is bad but on me it clumped mainly at the lashtips and I don´t mind if my lashes look a little (!) spidery if it´s at night.

Nighttime is the only time ever curl my lashes, so I'm just not used to that look for day. Bi-Facil should remove it just fine.
smile.gif

I think your eyes look great...did you try combing your lashes with a comb after applying the mascara? As far as WP removers & whatever else you wanna remove, I use and swear by Albolene Liquifying Cleanser - that stuff takes anything off!

Originally Posted by Arielle thanks Charmaine. maybe I just have to get used to the "new" look and save this mascara for special occasions as it´s almost impossible for me to get it off with the remover I have. If you use a cotton pad dampened with the remover, you may want to just hold it agains your lashes for 20-30 seconds before swiping it off. That's why I prefer the Neutrogena or Clinique dual-phase removers, the tend to work a little faster than Lancome's.

Originally Posted by spazbaby Nighttime is the only time ever curl my lashes, so I'm just not used to that look for day. Bi-Facil should remove it just fine.
smile.gif
that´s the one I tried today but it was still sooo hard to get off. honestly, I had to rub my lashes for minutes and pull off little mascara clumps with my fingers. my eyes and lids were so red after this procedure.that´s not how it´s supposed to be, right?

Originally Posted by spazbaby If you use a cotton pad dampened with the remover, you may want to just hold it agains your lashes for 20-30 seconds before swiping it off. That's why I prefer the Neutrogena or Clinique dual-phase removers, the tend to work a little faster than Lancome's. that´s how I did it-pressed the wet cotton pad against my lashes. well maybe I just really need a kickass remover for this problem *lol*the Clinique remover has just been added to my wishlist. THANKS!!!

oh and Karen: never heard of the brand you suggested..and as usual I wouldn´t think it´s available here

Originally Posted by Arielle that´s the one I tried today but it was still sooo hard to get off. honestly, I had to rub my lashes for minutes and pull off little mascara clumps with my fingers. my eyes and lids were so red after this procedure.that´s not how it´s supposed to be, right?

No, it shouldn't be like that. If it's that hard to remove, I wouldn't use it again. There's no reason why a high-quality remover can't take it off. Maybe you should write to Loreal, they'd probably send you samples & coupons for your complaint.

i was JUSt gonna post about what eye makeup remover is good. i use fibre rich lash from mac, and use the clinique take the day off remvoer, but i still have mascara left on my eye lashes
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Oh that's a great idea! And if it's really that hard to get off, maybe you should stop using it cause you might lose all of your lashes!
icon_eek.gif
that´s what I was afraid of anyway. I don´t have that many lashes anyway.I´m just gonna give this one to my mum *hehe* and buy the not-WF kind some other time. after all, I love the fake-lashes look and don´t wanna spend too much $ on mascaras.

or I´ll try MAC Fibre Rich. damn it I can never ever decide on which mascara I want
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i was JUSt gonna post about what eye makeup remover is good. i use fibre rich lash from mac, and use the clinique take the day off remvoer, but i still have mascara left on my eye lashes
icon_evil.gif
ok so I´m not the only one. I hate it when I have to rub and rub to get my mascara off. looks like fibre rich is not an option then

Originally Posted by Liz i was JUSt gonna post about what eye makeup remover is good. i use fibre rich lash from mac, and use the clinique take the day off remvoer, but i still have mascara left on my eye lashes
icon_evil.gif
Really? Although I think the Neutrogena one is a little more powerful, I still like Take the Day Off a lot. I've never tried it with Fibre Rich though.

I think all mascaras should come with a remover made specifically for that mascara. Apparently all mascaras can't be removed by the same product. Likewise, I don't think one remover should be expected to remove all the thousands of different mascara formulas.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I think all mascaras should come with a remover made specifically for that mascara. Apparently all mascaras can't be removed by the same product. Likewise, I don't think one remover should be expected to remove all the thousands of different mascara formulas. yeah, that´s true. but I wouldn´t want to look for a matching remover everytime I get a new mascara

Originally Posted by Arielle yeah, that´s true. but I wouldn´t want to look for a matching remover everytime I get a new mascara Well in my own little dream world, the remover would be free when you buy the mascara.

Originally Posted by spazbaby Well in my own little dream world, the remover would be free when you buy the mascara. sounds good. and in my dream world every mascara would go on fool-proof, give you supermodel-lashes, stay on till you take it off and each mascara would come with a free remover specially designed to take off this mascara only.
perfect world!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle sounds good. and in my dream world every mascara would go on fool-proof, give you supermodel-lashes, stay on till you take it off and each mascara would come with a free remover specially designed to take off this mascara only.
perfect world!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

No, we do not need therapy!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back